View Poll Results: Which option(s) best describe the guidelines of your current diet?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I eat whatever I want with little regard to health.

3 2.94%
  • I am strict paleo with no dairy.

10 9.80%
  • I follow the recommendations of the Primal Blueprint including the carb curve.

46 45.10%
  • Perfect health diet or higher carb Primal Blueprint.

40 39.22%
  • I follow the Peat recommendations.

13 12.75%
  • Weston Price or a junk free/healthy diet including grains.

6 5.88%
  • I am Vegetarian/Vegan/Pescatarian.

1 0.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Way of Eating page 2

justme is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My no go foods are dairy (due to intolerant toddler), soy, legumes, grains, vegetable oils and refined sugar. I am breastfeeding, my partner works out regularly and our children are toddlers, so we incorporate plenty of other healthy carbs in our WOE.

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Timthetaco Guest
    I didn't know if I should choose strict paleo or high carb primal since I eat things on Cordain's forbidden list, but I eat lean and don't eat nightshades or dairy, so I went with paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    It seems our forums have become very diverse as of late. I'm curious as to what the breakdown of diets is on here now.

Sorry if I missed your way of eating - there are so many it's hard to think of them all!!

If you feel like posting why you eat that way, that would be fun too
    Hay-soos, you must be reading my mind! I have lately wondered if most of the Primal folks had left the forum. I like it. I think it's healthy. Though I checked the choice of following including the carb curve, I think the carb curve should be amended. Surely someone who can maintain a healthy weight at 3000 cal/day can eat more carbs than a person who eats 1500 cal/day to maintain a healthy weight. IOW, I think the carb curve should be revised to reflect the percentage of calories rather than the absolute number of grams of carbs per day.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hay-soos, you must be reading my mind! I have lately wondered if most of the Primal folks had left the forum. I like it. I think it's healthy. Though I checked the choice of following including the carb curve, I think the carb curve should be amended. Surely someone who can maintain a healthy weight at 3000 cal/day can eat more carbs than a person who eats 1500 cal/day to maintain a healthy weight. IOW, I think the carb curve should be revised to reflect the percentage of calories rather than the absolute number of grams of carbs per day.
    You watch. He will adjust the carb curve cuz he has nanny cams.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, the carb curve just be abolished in favor of a woe that is more about prioritizing protein, eating whole food, and a checklist of food elimination protocols one can try. Just my humble opinion, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Honestly, the carb curve just be abolished in favor of a woe that is more about prioritizing protein, eating whole food, and a checklist of food elimination protocols one can try. Just my humble opinion, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like Whole 30 to me. :-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Whatever I want because the things I like are within PB, except for a 5% off-plan pizza with a friend or something similar. I think portion control was something I needed to work on the most.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Wow - lots of interesting versions of eating here! Given how much fighting we do, I'm a little surprised to find how similar our diets are

As for the carb curve, my opinion is very good for overweight people. Once you hit a healthy weight, it seems to work less well for people.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    sig
    I sometimes wish everyone would do this with their signature.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
    Strict paleo when I'm engaging in fat-loss. Otherwise it's primal for me. From trial and error over the years I've learned my body does best on strict paleo.
    I feel best on strict autoimmune paleo too. But then when I start feeling good, I think "hey, I feel great, I don't need to be so strict" and then I backslide. It's so dumb, and yet I do it every time!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast