Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were me, what would a day of food look like? page

justme is offline Senior Member

If you were me, what would a day of food look like?

Primal Fuel
    I know that ultimately, I need to find what works for me, but I could use some insight. I have BED and on the flip side, restrict (working on eating only real food and the restricting atm, and will tackle the BED when I feel that I am able to add in more). Eating the amount of food that I do now does not make me feel satisfied and yet I feel like a bottomless pit.
    Stats: 5'5, 130 (ish), moderately active (do not work out but spend every day playing with my toddlers/cooking/cleaning, sometimes walk/wear 22 lb of toddler), breastfeeding 15 m old frequently during the day and night. Dairy free due to nursling's intolerance/allergy (not sure which). Low carb and fasting do not work for me.
    My main concern is feeling more satiated with this WOE and getting my blood sugar under control. I am still not sure what causes it, but atleast once a week (less lately), I experience a crash so bad that I feel foggy/dizzy/exhausted for the rest of the day and can hardly function.
    Thank you!

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Try to eat 150 grams of protein a day. I guarantee you will be so not hungry you won't believe it. And you'll probably never make it to 150g a day. I can barely do it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Googling high protein foods.

Could you please give me an idea of what you typically eat in a high protein day?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    High protein, not low carb, not fasting day for a 130lb nursing female:
    -morning: coconut milk+ coffee, fruit or organic orange juice, 2-3 eggs scrambled or whatever
    -lunch: liver/gelatinous meat (8oz), 1 sweet or regular potato, some fruit or cooked veggies
    -dinner, at least 8oz red meat or seafood or eggs (breakfast for dinner is awesome), either tons of fruit or sweet potato.
    -try to incorporate bone broth or gelatin into diet.

My days are kind of like that but more dairy and more haphazard because I don't always have time to cook (so smoothies, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese and fruit take center stage for some meals).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    meat, nuts, seeds, vegetables, and fruit.

Edit: to add lacto-fermented veggies and make sure meat includes eggs, shellfish, sucking the marrow from bone, and lots of organs.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-02-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    My ideal would be similar to turquoise passion, with maybe some more veges such as mushroom and silver beet in with your breakfast omelette, some roast veges with your dinner, save some as leftovers for a snack or tomorrow's lunch. I would also use treats such as chocolate coated almonds since nursing takes a lot of energy.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Lately a fairly typical day for me is:

Protein shake, 3 eggs and a little ham

7.5oz canned salmon or a huge chicken breast, potato (sweet or white, huge or small)

1/3-1/2lb hunk of meat or fish, vegetables, half a potato

Chocolate sneaks in there sometimes

Exercise: Either heavy lifting (2x a week) or exercise bike sprinting plus curl bro weight lifting (2x a week). Hike 1x a week. Rest like a sloth the rest of the time.

I could totally go without the lunch or the dinner sometimes because so much protein kills my appetite, but I eat it anyway. I eat between 1600 and 2000 calories.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting to wonder if low blood sugar is mainly exacerbated by lack of sleep. People surviving on low carb tend to overdo it on their adrenals, and I wonder if the adrenals are what keeps them going in the afternoon after lunch. How much sleep do you get a day?

I don't think high protein is needed...it does nothing to quell cravings and just gives you a feeling of fullness (which in my experience, does not help when you have a BE disorder). I would actually recommend eating a bunch of fruits and being sensible about nutrition otherwise (ie, regular meals with vegetables and meats). What are you eating now? Maybe we can have a better picture by having this answered as well.

I co sleep with my daughter and she nurses throughout the night, so I partially wake from 1-4 times every night.

Average food in a day:

1 cup black coffee. Fruit after each meal.
    B: 2 eggs.
    L: Meat (can of salmon, chicken drumstick, or a serving of beef or pork) or avocado, veggies and a potato or sweet potato when I remember to add that in.
    D: Same as above.

I often feel hungry between meals, so I eat something like a couple of tablespoons of almond butter or coconut butter or a hard boiled egg or 1/2 an avocado. I never feel satisfied after my snacks.

On days when the BED feels out of control, but I limit myself to real food, I eat more then I can even believe will fit into my stomach. Yet I rarely feel stuffed (while with junk food, I feel stuffed but not full) or satisfied and the next day, I am hungry within 1-2 hours of waking up. Sometimes I wonder if I have really fucked up my body's signals and if I will ever be able to get myself back to normal.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I co sleep with my daughter and she nurses throughout the night, so I partially wake from 1-4 times every night.

Average food in a day:

1 cup black coffee. Fruit after each meal.
    B: 2 eggs.
    L: Meat (can of salmon, chicken drumstick, or a serving of beef or pork) or avocado, veggies and a potato or sweet potato when I remember to add that in.
    D: Same as above.

I often feel hungry between meals, so I eat something like a couple of tablespoons of almond butter or coconut butter or a hard boiled egg or 1/2 an avocado. I never feel satisfied after my snacks.

On days when the BED feels out of control, but I limit myself to real food, I eat more then I can even believe will fit into my stomach. Yet I rarely feel stuffed (while with junk food, I feel stuffed but not full) or satisfied and the next day, I am hungry within 1-2 hours of waking up. Sometimes I wonder if I have really fucked up my body's signals and if I will ever be able to get myself back to normal.

2 eggs is a rather small breakfast. You could up it to three or four. I think I would recommend you eat more safe carbs. Breastfeeding takes it out of you so don't be afraid to eat when you're hungry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast