Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training isn't going well page

Drlove is offline Senior Member

Training isn't going well

Primal Fuel
    Hey,

I've been training home for some time now, doing some push-ups pull ups squats and so, every other day.

Point is, I seem to progress a bit, then suddenly I go back to where I previously was. It's like I take a step forward and then 1-2 steps backwards, and It's pissing me off. I sleep quite well, My diet isn't peachy, but it doesn't suck, And I'm pretty damn sure I ain't overtraining.

What am I doing wrong? is it the volume of the workout? the intensity? the frequency?

P.S- the latest 1-2 steps backwards happened when I fixed my pushup technique, which makes sense, but I got weaker over time, which is damn weird.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Eat more, rest more.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drlove View Post
    Hey,

I've been training home for some time now, doing some push-ups pull ups squats and so, every other day.

Point is, I seem to progress a bit, then suddenly I go back to where I previously was. It's like I take a step forward and then 1-2 steps backwards, and It's pissing me off. I sleep quite well, My diet isn't peachy, but it doesn't suck, And I'm pretty damn sure I ain't overtraining.

What am I doing wrong? is it the volume of the workout? the intensity? the frequency?

P.S- the latest 1-2 steps backwards happened when I fixed my pushup technique, which makes sense, but I got weaker over time, which is damn weird.
    What is the volume? What is the intensity?

Hard to comment on what it might be if you don't provide the details.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Hey,

Yeah, the pancake is right. If you don't tell us what the workout scheme is, how can we guess what's wrong with it?

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Maybe that's the problem... If your training strategy really is "do some pushups, pullups, squats and so every other day", I'm going to just say that's the problem and call it a day.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

workout scheme and schedule as well as more info on yourself. age. sex. goals. etc

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    Maybe that's the problem... If your training strategy really is "do some pushups, pullups, squats and so every other day", I'm going to just say that's the problem and call it a day.
    I'm going to go with this as well. If the OP had a clear program, he wouldn't say "doing some X".

Drlove is offline Senior Member
    True, it's not such a very clear program, but that's mainly because I do my workouts home, and in a very very tight schedule.

My workout pretty much consists of 2 sets of pushups (max reps at each set), 2 sets of pull ups - one regular and one with an underhand grip, also for max reps, and 2 sets of squats for max reps.

My pull up reps are pretty much consistent, yet my pushups seem to decline every once in a while (got to about 60, then went down to about 30..)

quikky is offline Senior Member
    What are your goals?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    True, it's not such a very clear program, but that's mainly because I do my workouts home, and in a very very tight schedule.

My workout pretty much consists of 2 sets of pushups (max reps at each set), 2 sets of pull ups - one regular and one with an underhand grip, also for max reps, and 2 sets of squats for max reps.

My pull up reps are pretty much consistent, yet my pushups seem to decline every once in a while (got to about 60, then went down to about 30..)
    Bodyweight squats? This sounds like exercise, rather than training. Where's the progressive nature? Just hoping that you'll be able to do more reps next time?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast