Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution?

Hybrid View

Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution?

Curious -- are there people who practice an ancestral diet, but who do not believe in evolution?

This fellow has a darkly humorous video where he talks about the fact that evolution is real, but Americans don't believe it. I wonder how much this accounts for the whole nutrition thing still not being figured out -- because you can't teach evolution in the USA without people flying into a rage.

He correlates belief in evolution with religion and societal disfunction (inverse correlation).

Only 14% of Americans believe in pure naturalistic evolution.

Why Evolution is True and Why Many People Still Don't Believe It (Jerry Coyne, 2012) - YouTube
    (why they don't believe it -- starts at 47:20)

Eh, to me it doesn't matter. Not eating processed crap works just as well whether you call it Paleo or the Adam and Eve diet.

Sent via F -22 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Eh, to me it doesn't matter. Not eating processed crap works just as well whether you call it Paleo or the Adam and Eve diet.
    This.

Given that the food I eat is probably a million miles away from what we actually ate, and with the number of hidden history theories around, I'm not interested in what we ate back then - I want to know what's good to eat NOW.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Yeah but if you believe the world is only 6,000 years old, we would have been eating grains/dairy at that time, therefore an ancestral diet would be grains.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Yeah but if you believe the world is only 6,000 years old, we would have been eating grains/dairy at that time, therefore an ancestral diet would be grains.
    That only works if you accept the evolutionary timeline anyway, though. If you believe the world is only 6000 years old and subscribe to a biblical timeline, the when and how of agriculture and domestication of food product is largely a pointless discussion.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (Sept 2015): 200
    CBF: 17% (Scale)

I believe in evolution big time... however there are somethings science can't explain (yet) that calls for now for another more god (or goddess) like explanation...

anyway, if I remember it correctly, during Genesis in the bible god didn't make pre-packaged foods, chemicals, hormone injections or candy. From what I remember all he gave Adam and Eve were fruit trees, plant and animals. (he even told them not to eat the apple... might have been because it's high carb ) But in essence, what god gave Adam and Eve was Primal dieting...

So if you believe in Genenis or Evolution, the diet of early humans was the same...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I believe in evolution big time... however there are somethings science can't explain (yet) that calls for now for another more god (or goddess) like explanation...

anyway, if I remember it correctly, during Genesis in the bible god didn't make pre-packaged foods, chemicals, hormone injections or candy. From what I remember all he gave Adam and Eve were fruit trees, plant and animals. (he even told them not to eat the apple... might have been because it's high carb ) But in essence, what god gave Adam and Eve was Primal dieting...

So if you believe in Genenis or Evolution, the diet of early humans was the same...
    I don't think they were eating animals until they were cast out of the Garden of Eden...

I believe the Earth is closer to 6,000 years old than millions or billions of years old.

As for evolution, wouldn't the primates we supposedly evolved from now be extinct?
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
    GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
    CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
    49 - 5'7.5"
    Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    As for evolution, wouldn't the primates we supposedly evolved from now be extinct?
    They are.
    Starting DL: 135 Now: 380
    Starting Bench: 115 Now: 255
    Goal: Get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavewizard View Post
    They are.
    Interesting.

4. Could apes ever evolve into some other humanlike creature?

It is possible that in many millions of years present day apes could evolve into some other humanlike species. It is, however, very improbable. First of all, humans did not evolve from any of the species we know as apes today. At some point 5 to 8 million years ago, the common ancestor of humans and modern apes diverged to form the two separate lineages we know today. The species at the end of these lineages are a result of a very specific combination of selection pressures and genetic mutations over millions of years. This same combination is highly unlikely to occur ever again.

Evolution: Frequently Asked Questions

This is interesting to me as a university educated middle school science major in that all of my instructors told us we could preface our answers on tests with "according to the textbook..."
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
    GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
    CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
    49 - 5'7.5"
    Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

6. If humans evolved from apes then why are there still apes?
    Humans did not evolve from present-day apes. Rather, humans and apes share a common ancestor that gave rise to both. This common ancestor, although not identical to modern apes, was almost certainly more apelike than humanlike in appearance and behavior. At some point -- scientists estimate that between 5 and 8 million years ago -- this species diverged into two distinct lineages, one of which were the hominids, or humanlike species, and the other ultimately evolved into the African great ape species living today.
    I like that last one, as we're working hard to cause the other great apes to go extinct. Soon, there will be no questioning our mastery of our domain!