Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution? page 24

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    So you think it's impossible for genetic material to be duplicated? What about hox genes? Maybe this will clear up your confusion?

Development is epigenetic Why Evolution Is True
    Confusion lol... I was hoping you would bring up Hox; but how does this explain macro evolution? Prevent something from growing doesn't explain how it got there in the first place. This requires a lot more genes in the first place.

To clarify altering something via science.
    nihil

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Yeah x 100. That's not to say that I hate people who are religious. But I hate the fact that their only choices for experiencing spirituality are religions that teach that their earthly lives are devoid of meaning and wonder, and that the earth is not man's true home/a sacred place.
    I can appreciate the role religion plays in people's lives; solace and connection to a community, who doesn't want that? But, it's all the other stuff that is just way messed up and leads to so much suffering. How can anyone look at a newborn baby and believe that it comes into this world flawed? That is just beyond me.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Confusion lol... I was hoping you would bring up Hox; but how does this explain macro evolution? Prevent something from growing doesn't explain how it got there in the first place. This requires a lot more genes in the first place.

To clarify altering something via science.
    Hox genes are an example of replicating sections of DNA. One way you can get "extra" DNA. And then the DNA can mutate. I'm not sure I understand what you're denying/rejecting here. If you want to have a discussion/argument, make your objections clear.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Oh sigh. You boys spend WAY too much time arguing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Hox genes are an example of replicating sections of DNA. One way you can get "extra" DNA. And then the DNA can mutate. I'm not sure I understand what you're denying/rejecting here. If you want to have a discussion/argument, make your objections clear.
    Hox genes either turn on or turn off an array of other genes; but macro evolution requires the addition of new information and genes, not alternations of existing ones, no matter what they postulate. This is my entire point, which Hox genes did nothing or was even relevant at all to my last post to you.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Richard Dawkins LOL! Shallow bibelbelt Americans needed an atheist boogeyman to scare them into firmer faith and a shallow atheist, biologist and philosopher wannabee stepped on the soapbox to help them! If Dawkins had just let the naive American christians alone, then we would not have noticed them much, at least not outside their own country...
    Yeah, he's a pretty irritating liberal blowhard.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah, he's a pretty irritating liberal blowhard.
    Well you and RM are cute and fun to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Well you and RM are cute and fun to talk to.

Thx, I like you too.

My only problem with Rich atm, is, when I read through his previous posts he was thoroughly insulting about creationism and asserting that evolution was the only way, yet, when criticism came, he tries to defer to other people as if he wasn't even prepared to back up his own statement. After this, he shows personal incredulity by saying that I am simply not understanding. This is even worse than when creationists try to refute evolution from scripture in the bible.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

Corinthians 13:4-8

<3
    Last edited by Derpamix; 11-03-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    nihil

Aww...that makes me giddy..or stewpid. BA..speak up.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Aww...that makes me giddy..or stewpid. BA..speak up.

:3

I revel in being the only one debating from a certain perspective and getting tons of people to debate against me. So much fun. I was getting a little bored with the evolution of Peatarians from an isolated area on this forum, I've barely had any excitement here recently.
    nihil

Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast