Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution? page 19

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Also somewhat related to this time, time exists. Time is simple but also complex. But according to Derpamix time and change thru time don't exist.
    You truly are one of the rudest and worthlest people on this forum.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureka5280 View Post
    Actually if I've understood Derp's argument correctly, he has described the mechanism - his position is that micro-evolution is due to expression of recessive traits that were always a part of a species' genetic makeup, not a random mutation. This mechanism would allow for selective pressure to express or suppress traits and cause physical changes in a species over time but would not allow a species to change completely into another.

I have nowhere near the knowledge of evolution or genetics to begin to comment on the validity of that argument, but I think that's what he is saying. (Sorry if I'm oversimplifying or totally putting incorrect words in your mouth Derpamix.)
    I missed that argument if he made it. Either way it's incorrect. We know random mutations occur. Mutations that are not simply genetic recombination, which would allow expression of recessive genes. It's not even really an explanation for why selection pressures working on said random mutations over time would have some sort of built in stopping point. If there was a stopping point why has nobody discovered it? Never mind the fact that we've actually observed changes that do split into two species.

In my earlier post I gave an example of chromosomal mutations in a polyploid plant, Tragopogon, that lead to speciation. Polyploidy, the duplication of genes, has been a strong driver in plant evolution. He mistakenly tried to use "genetic drift", which describes a changing frequency of genes in a given population, to discredit the fact that speciation occurs at all. He is apparently unaware that genetic drift is actually a mechanism of speciation.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    KimChi, I don't know if you were joking or not but dog breeding is an example of artificial selection working on the genetic diversity of a wolf not evolution at work. We're not "evolving" dogs we're breeding them. We've arbitrarily separated them into subspecies but they can mate and produce fertile offspring from the first generation. And they do. Domestic dog genes are frequently found in wild wolf populations. I've read that black wolves are a direct result of this. I wouldn't put my life on it but I heard it in passing and found it interesting.

Jorjor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    finches and pigeons are all the same species and every Biologist knows this
    Nooooo they aren't.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    You truly are one of the rudest and worthlest people on this forum.

really? cause i've seen ruder

maybe kimchi is force-mutating to more easily adapt to his/her surroundings
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    KimChi, I don't know if you were joking or not but dog breeding is an example of artificial selection working on the genetic diversity of a wolf not evolution at work. We're not "evolving" dogs we're breeding them. We've arbitrarily separated them into subspecies but they can mate and produce fertile offspring from the first generation. And they do. Domestic dog genes are frequently found in wild wolf populations. I've read that black wolves are a direct result of this. I wouldn't put my life on it but I heard it in passing and found it interesting.
    I watched a documentary that stated some Europeans had up to 3% Neanderthal DNA. So would that make us the same species but different breeds?
    And we have bred some dogs so they can't reproduce with each other, can't imagine a chihuahua x Great Dane

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    really? cause i've seen ruder

maybe kimchi is force-mutating to more easily adapt to his/her surroundings
    Maybe I am in a sensitive mood. Just seems like nothing but negative crap comes from her/him. Especially when it comes to USA.

Maybe I am in a sensitive mood. Just seems like nothing but negative crap comes from her/him. Especially when it comes to USA.

ETA: I do remember one person who was ruder. Usually only when he was provoked though.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    You mean dirlot? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    I watched a documentary that stated some Europeans had up to 3% Neanderthal DNA. So would that make us the same species but different breeds?
    And we have bred some dogs so they can't reproduce with each other, can't imagine a chihuahua x Great Dane
    i've seen pics of offspring from weiner dogs (yes that's the proper latin terminology) and golden retrievers iirc. they CAN cross, they're all dogs, but some breeds need medical intervention to give birth safely

every time you see kimchi just grab a bud light and turn on some toby keith to offset the 'down with usa'ism
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast