Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution? page 17

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    HA!

Q: if evolution doesn't exist what are dog breeders doing?
    You are so annoying. You love attacking people..where are you living that is so superior?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    You are so annoying. You love attacking people..where are you living that is so superior?
    This post seems strange…

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    You are so annoying. You love attacking the US..where are you living that is so superior?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    It's like arguing with a fifth grader. You use backwards probability, incorrectly label speciation events as "genetic drift" (as if genetic drift isn't one of the mechanisms in certain instances), finches and pigeons are all the same species and every Biologist knows this, humans don't sprout wings ergo evolution is for poopy pants, and then drop the "just a scientific theory"....the classic mantra of the uninformed. You have demonstrated you not only lack the fundamental understandings of basic tenants of Evolution but the entire Scientific Method as well.

It's ridiculous. What else is there to argue? Whether or not the toothy fairy should raise payments in response to inflation? How is Santa going to survive Global Climate Change?
    Maybe if you ignore enough of my posts without an example of a crossover your opinion will be correct. Or, maybe, if you keep postulating infinity statistics won't matter. If you can't argue against a 5th grader, what does this make you? I have literally explained this a ton of times, yet all you can keep talking about is recessive genes as a proof of evolution without an instance of crossover. All one has to do is look at the mtDNA to realize how absurd this is. Or enough of these species leaps = an unproven macro evolution. The fact this guy "KimchiNinja" refers to dog breeding as an evolution shows the gross misunderstanding of evolution. This is so hilarious.

Argument of a standard atheist "lol you don't understand dumb bible thumper, here is a substance lacking post explaining how you're wrong with nothing but ad hominem"

I am saving the best for last and I'm going to slander your arguments left and right.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 11-02-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    nihil

Is this an IQ test? Not sure what where I currently reside has to do with dog breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    The fact this guy "KimchiNinja" refers to dog breeding as an evolution shows the gross misunderstanding of evolution. This is so hilarious.
    It is hilarious but maybe not in the way you think.

So what are dog breeders doing then?

What are humans who are picky about choosing a mate doing?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    It is hilarious but maybe not in the way you think.

So what are dog breeders doing then?

What are humans who are picky about choosing a mate doing?
    You cannot possibly be serious. I have no words.
    nihil

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Other notable "scientific theories" include:
    - Gravity
    - Black holes
    - Germ theory
    - Mendelian genetics
    - All human physiology

To get beyond "theory" to become a scientific "law" has only truly been done by thermodynamics (Entropy, conservation of energy, equal and opposite reaction). A theory means that no one has been able to take it down, which befits almost all human knowledge.

Regarding the fact that using scientific consensus to form one's ideas about how things really are as a sign of an "atrophied mind", this is also blatantly insane.....I would say it is much more indicative of a mature mind. A mature mind has experienced a very valuable thing in life: Being somewhere where there are people smarter than they are. The opposite is the immature mind, which believes only it is capable of original or truly introspective though, usually because they have never been around those of greater mental aptitude. This is why college, when done right (rare nowadays), really can change people. It matures their mind.

The "appeal to authority" ridiculousness is used in almost every dead-end argument all over the debating sphere, and will get one laughed at in a professional setting such as a scientist or lawyer....About 99% of the knowledge any person has is, under this asinine logic, an "appeal to authority"....unless one has physically witnessed something, all we can do is take others' word for it. I am not a chemist, but I trust that it is likely a bad idea to go playing catch with a water balloon of nitroglycerin. I am appealing to authority in doing so, because people more versed in explosives have told me I may die if I do this.....we are living on top of the Earth, rather than inside it for instance, on our appeals to authority. I have not been in space and watched myself ascend, therefore I take others word for it that I am on top of the planet rather than inside of it. Those clouds could all be an illusion by my benevolent masters

The opposite of those that are ramrod conformists are not the anarchists, but rather those that make a point to never take a conventional stance on anything, not based on evidence, but out of a sense of identity of a contrarian. Online, they are everywhere.

The internet has led to a cadre of what a professor I had once called "B-league All-Stars". It comes from hockey, where a person makes a point to NEVER go up to the A-leagues, because they dominate in B. They know though that if there WERE to go to the real competition they would get buried, no longer get worshiped as the best player, overall get marginalized....so they stay in B forever to be their big fish in a small pond.

Online research of any serious topic, from evolution to physiology to history, is full of "B-league All Stars". They are "guys with a website" that thrive on challenging, being eternal contrarians, to keep a contorted following of the laymen to worship them. One can find them in all topics, including nutrition.....but they rely on ONE big thing; never going to the A-league....never going in front of people that are in their field, know their stuff, to test their hypotheses on any big topic.

I make a point to never listen to anyone from that crowd, on anything. My opinion is that if one has some Earth-shattering ideas on evolution, physiology, or anything remotely scientific, for them to stand in front of their peers and take the barrage. Those that don't are either cowards or charlatans (I.E. Making stuff up to those not educated enough in that area to rebut them). Either way, they don't deserve to be listened to.

I say this because I am aware of all of the wacky stuff on evolution one can find online....these B-leaguers are wannabes and wishful thinkers that prey on the contrarian at all costs crowd. That does not mean they actually know what they are talking about.
    "Man is born free.....but everywhere he is in chains."

You cannot possibly be serious. I have no words.
    Simple questions often stump people, don't feel bad. ^^

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe if you ignore enough of my posts without an example of a crossover your opinion will be correct. Or, maybe, if you keep postulating infinity statistics won't matter. If you can't argue against a 5th grader, what does this make you? I have literally explained this a ton of times, yet all you can keep talking about is recessive genes as a proof of evolution without an instance of crossover. All one has to do is look at the mtDNA to realize how absurd this is. Or enough of these species leaps = an unproven macro evolution. The fact this guy "KimchiNinja" refers to dog breeding as an evolution shows the gross misunderstanding of evolution. This is so hilarious.

Argument of a standard atheist "lol you don't understand dumb bible thumper, here is a substance lacking post explaining how you're wrong with nothing but ad hominem"
    Actually all you've done "a dozen times" is babble on incoherently and demonstrate your ignorance. If you don't understand that chalking something up to genetic drift isn't an effective argument against speciation then I don't know what to tell you. Are you still standing behind your classic newb mistake of trying to apply probability backwards? Honestly I didn't even think you were that ignorant. And the "just a scientific theory"? Do you need me to explain the sheer ignorance of that phrase?

I am saving the best for last and I'm going to slander your arguments left and right.[/QUOTE]

Well bring it it then because so far all you've done in this thread is put on display exactly how much you do not know.

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast