Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution? page 15

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    I am a Christian that doesn't believe in evolution. But, that's not why I am here. I chose to go paleo because it removes the processed foods and encourages healthier food choices by using fresh produce, quality meat, and healthy oils. Regardless of whether you believe in evolution or not, eating a paleo/primal diet closely resembles what your ancestors ate before fast food and mass marketed cardboard box dinners took over the world.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo0731 View Post
    I am a Christian that doesn't believe in evolution. But, that's not why I am here. I chose to go paleo because it removes the processed foods and encourages healthier food choices by using fresh produce, quality meat, and healthy oils. Regardless of whether you believe in evolution or not, eating a paleo/primal diet closely resembles what your ancestors ate before fast food and mass marketed cardboard box dinners took over the world.
    Lol. Says the guy with a dinosaur as his avatar...;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Lol. Says the guy with a dinosaur as his avatar...;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies and its loaded with remarks about evolution. I don't deny dinosaurs actually existed.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Evolution isn't something that you can choose to believe in. It is established fact. It's akin to saying I don't believe in oxygen. Wtf are they teaching kids in your country?
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Evolution isn't something that you can choose to believe in. It is established fact. It's akin to saying I don't believe in oxygen. Wtf are they teaching kids in your country?
    Remember the USA was partially established by Protestants who wanted freedom from religious persecution. The culture and beliefs are still influenced by that. Creationists are abound.

I honestly don't care what everyone else believes in as long as they don't believe in the religion of killing Chinese females.

Life is beautiful whether you believe that it was created by god/Allah or because you believe that we are given the gift of being on the right side of the probabilistic curve.

As a biochemist I find it hard to believe anything other than evolution but I still blind faith in science/evolution to the exclusion of everything else just as repulsive as blind faith in religion.
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 11-02-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Here you go, from my post to Laz:

Let's use math then, as you've said is not an opinion. theta-x-174 is a small bacterial virus with approx. 5,375 nucleotides in its DNA, and there are about 3 million nucleotides in a single cell bacteria. There is more than 16,000 nucleotides in a human mitochondria DNA molecule, with approx. 3 billion nucleotides in the DNA of a mammal cell. Now, picture that each one of those nucleotides within each DNA strand are all aligned sequentially in very specific order. Now, think, all those parts would have to be instantly assembled in order for that organism to continue to live beyond a split second; which means that probability of that occurring would be 1 in 4.80 x 10⁶⁰ which, if you know mathematics, has a statistical probability of of 0.
    Do you still not understand that this is a misrepresentation of the process of Natural Selection? And bad statistical work, to boot. If I have a penny in my hand, and there are 10,000,000 pennies in the world, what are the chances that I have this very penny in my hand?

Natural selection is gradual. There are intermediate forms. Random mutations are tiny, and most of them likely fail. It's the cumulative successes that remain. And they're only successes until they fail. Then they disappear forever. To say that humans and gorillas shared a common ancestor doesn't mean that some predecessor gave birth to a fully human offspring and a fully gorilla offspring. The common ancestor gave birth to two members of its species, one whose offspring continued evolving to the homo line and one that continued evolving to the gorilla line. This is 101 stuff, and I shouldn't have to explain it to you, but you seem to be somehow still confused about this issue.

To summarize:

The anti- "macro" evolution issue you continue to bring up is a complete straw man argument.

otzi Guest
    I honestly don't care what everyone else believes in as long as they don't believe in the religion of killing Chinese females.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Do you still not understand that this is a misrepresentation of the process of Natural Selection? And bad statistical work, to boot. If I have a penny in my hand, and there are 10,000,000 pennies in the world, what are the chances that I have this very penny in my hand?

Natural selection is gradual. There are intermediate forms. Random mutations are tiny, and most of them likely fail. It's the cumulative successes that remain. And they're only successes until they fail. Then they disappear forever. To say that humans and gorillas shared a common ancestor doesn't mean that some predecessor gave birth to a fully human offspring and a fully gorilla offspring. The common ancestor gave birth to two members of its species, one whose offspring continued evolving to the homo line and one that continued evolving to the gorilla line. This is 101 stuff, and I shouldn't have to explain it to you, but you seem to be somehow still confused about this issue.

To summarize:

The anti- "macro" evolution issue you continue to bring up is a complete straw man argument.
    What the hell? This makes literally no sense as a rebuttal to my post. I thought you were smarter than this.

Everything I've said is all basic genetics that I learned in some of my beginning courses in university. You keep on keeping on with this same tired appeal with clearly no knowledge of genetics at all. Most of what you keep referring to is genetic drift, and Mendelian genetics and you keep repeatedly beating this into the ground like all evolutionists hoping I will just accept it as fact that evolution occurred. Variations do occur, but only within a certain range specified by the DNA for that particular type of organism. Within this range are all the possible variations to be found within each species, but never across. Your whole theory is contingent on this happening across species. You keep pointing to gradual changes in recessive genes and considering them as proof of evolution. You are wrong. You are also ignoring syntropy. "Natural selection" within a species can work, but you have to actually have the traits to begin with. Natural selection only explains preservation, not origin. I have no words if you literally believe you have nothing in common with Hominidae.

If you really are still not understanding, I can break it down as complicated or as uncomplicated as you like.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member

Oh hell. Look, when I got ordained online to officiate my friends' wedding, the Church of Death to Chinese Women was free, while the Ministry of Michael Bolton was $19.99. I didn't think anything of it at the time; don't hold it against me.

Sent via F -22 Raptor

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey, Rich, why do you look different than your ancestors in your family line?

Last edited by Derpamix; 11-02-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast