Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution? page 10

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorjor View Post
    If you get enough of an accumulation of small changes your going eventually end up with a big change. Small changes add up over time. it's common sense.
    lol

Gene shuffling within the species only produces new varieties and breeds. The DNA code barrier is never penetrated. Transformations across the species barrier never occur. New varieties in new breeds is not evolution; it is only a variation within the already existing species. Genetic drift doesn't support it, genetics itself doesn't support it. Nothing but your faith supports it. Point to an example, and I'll believe it.

You can't. It's common sense that all things had a beginning, something doesn't come from nothing, ergo God exists.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You assume that small changes (which are observed) lead to large changes (which are never observed). Nice leap of faith.
    I assume that if I keep hitting +1 on my calculator, that it would eventually reach 1,000,000, barring any power outages. Is this what you define as "faith?"

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I assume that if I keep hitting +1 on my calculator, that it would eventually reach 1,000,000, barring any power outages. Is this what you define as "faith?"
    The fact you can't even see the error in this example in equation to genetic clustering proves to me I'm dealing with real amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorjor View Post
    No no no to the no! haha. I wasn't stating it as fact, just saying that that was what the bible said, doesn't mean I believe in it's accuracy. This was mainly in response to the question of whether paleo diet and creationism were compatible

Ah ha. Thank God. (See what I did there?)

The fact you can't even see the error in this example in equation to genetic clustering proves to me I'm dealing with real amateurs.
    The fact that you fail to understand the analogy... If you accept microevolution but not macroevolution, you don't understand what macroevolution refers to. Plain and simple.

The fact that you fail to understand the analogy... If you accept microevolution but not macroevolution, you don't understand what macroevolution refers to. Plain and simple.
    genetic makeup within chromosomes forms a literal wall of separation between one species and another, which also punctures a giant hole in your "natural selection" theory. there is also the whole issue with male/female requirement. darn.

genetic makeup within chromosomes forms a literal wall of separation between one species and another
    Explain ring species in light of this claim.

there is also the whole issue with male/female requirement. darn.
    What is it that you think this negates exactly?

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Try it then, and point to one example.
    There are plenty of observed instances of reproductive isolation. Here are a couple:
    Cichlids: Demonstrating the Theory of Ecological Speciation in Cichlids
    PLOS Biology: Demonstrating the Theory of Ecological Speciation in Cichlids
    American Goatsbeard: PLOS ONE: Rapid Chromosome Evolution in Recently Formed Polyploids in Tragopogon (Asteraceae)
    The Early Stages of Polyploidy: Rapid and Repeated Evolution in Tragopogon - Springer
    Natural hybrids between Tragopogon mirus and T. miscellus (Asteraceae): A new perspective on karyotypic changes following hybridization at the polyploid level Evolution @ UF University of Florida

You can also google the Darwin finches. That is classic observed speciation.

There's also evidence that we're looking at the beginnings of it in Killer Whales Heredity - Abstract of article: Genetic differentiation between sympatric Killer whale populations

Horizontal microevolutionary changes =/= lead to large, vertical macroevolutionary changes, it has never been observed and there have been plenty of mutational experiments already tried and failed.
    This is a strawman. Most speciation events will never be observable due to human lifespan constraints. To put it simply: It takes a long time. And of course there's the inconvenient problem of coming with a mechanism that makes macroevolution impossible. I gave you observable examples of species that have split in two. Now do the same and show me what stops small scale evolution from continuing to the larger scale.

Explain ring species in light of this claim.

What is it that you think this negates exactly?
    I already did, it's in the genetic drift portion. Just because an offspring is isolated from its parent does not mean that a change of species occurred.

The fact that it makes it even more statistically impossible? I suggest you read some experiments that were done on mice in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    There are plenty of observed instances of reproductive isolation. Here are a couple:
    Cichlids: Demonstrating the Theory of Ecological Speciation in Cichlids
    PLOS Biology: Demonstrating the Theory of Ecological Speciation in Cichlids
    American Goatsbeard: PLOS ONE: Rapid Chromosome Evolution in Recently Formed Polyploids in Tragopogon (Asteraceae)
    The Early Stages of Polyploidy: Rapid and Repeated Evolution in Tragopogon - Springer
    Natural hybrids between Tragopogon mirus and T. miscellus (Asteraceae): A new perspective on karyotypic changes following hybridization at the polyploid level Evolution @ UF University of Florida

You can also google the Darwin finches. That is classic observed speciation.

There's also evidence that we're looking at the beginnings of it in Killer Whales Heredity - Abstract of article: Genetic differentiation between sympatric Killer whale populations

This is a strawman. Most speciation events will never be observable due to human lifespan constraints. To put it simply: It takes a long time. And of course there's the inconvenient problem of coming with a mechanism that makes macroevolution impossible. I gave you observable examples of species that have split in two. Now do the same and show me what stops small scale evolution from continuing to the larger scale.
    Sigh, more genetic drift, and the "pigeon and finch". Every biologist recognizes them as the same species, they come in a remarkable variety, but they are the same species.

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast