Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is a juice cleanse worth it- does it heal the body? page

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member

Is a juice cleanse worth it- does it heal the body?

Primal Fuel
    I am considering doing a juice cleanse, but I am not sure if I am just a sucker for them because everyone is drinking them in new york city and swears by them. Are they worth it? You hear about the Gerson Therapy which was started in order to heal patients from cancer using lots of juicing and other techniques. I had some health issues for many years and am wondering if this could help reverse them, basing this only on the fact that Gerson heals cancer so why can't it help other ailments?

Anyone with personal stories or success with juicing??? Is it worth the hassle (and money??)

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Just drink water or green tea during a fast..the juice isn't going to make much difference (imho)
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Hi VeggieLover,

I've done juice fasts before. I did them during the first 2 years after a cancer diagnosis so I was, of course, extremely motivated and followed them to the letter.

What benefits are you the most interested in from doing one? How long of a fast are you thinking of doing?
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

MarkChopper is offline Banned
    If you are getting enough calories from fruit sugar and are only doing it short term then yes, i could see the benefit to it. It would give your digestive system a break while still delivering the best and easiest source of energy. You would get quite a bit of nutrition. Raw fruits and some veg seems to have a healing effect, very alkalizing and inflammation reducing.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Just drink water or green tea during a fast..the juice isn't going to make much difference (imho)
    OP was asking about a cleanse. This can be very different from a fast.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    A fast is a cleanse as it promotes autophagy. I don't see how juice actually cleanses the body of anything, it supplies calories that limit the efficacy of the fast. Vitamin C and Iodine with some salt and plenty of water would have a detoxifying effect but until I see evidence that any particular juice is more effective than water I remain skeptical.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I don't have a ton to add but I have been doing green juices for the last 6 weeks and feel like they are making me feel better and giving me more energy and energy that is very stable and constant. I'm not feeling cured of all my ails but it has certainly made a good dent and has been one of the greatest dietary leaps towards feeling better that I've made.

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Hi VeggieLover,

I've done juice fasts before. I did them during the first 2 years after a cancer diagnosis so I was, of course, extremely motivated and followed them to the letter.

What benefits are you the most interested in from doing one? How long of a fast are you thinking of doing?
    I have had digestive problems, bouts of candida for the past few years, so am just wanting to knd of get things back on track in there and heal the gut. Just wondering if it really would help that

antonimillard is offline Junior Member
    I also think they are selling it for a huge amount of money.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    A fast is a cleanse as it promotes autophagy. I don't see how juice actually cleanses the body of anything, it supplies calories that limit the efficacy of the fast. Vitamin C and Iodine with some salt and plenty of water would have a detoxifying effect but until I see evidence that any particular juice is more effective than water I remain skeptical.
    It doesn't, it just dumps tons of sugar into your body and baddies love sugar so to me it's counterproductive.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast