Thread: Sardines, fruit and fats page

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member

Question Sardines, fruit and fats

Primal Fuel
    Due to several arbitrary restrictions from my parents and IBS, I'm forced to restrict my diet to sardines (6 50g tins a day), boiled fruit and fats (olive oil and clarified butter) plus a single egg a day. I wonder if this diet is healthy.

Protein:
    50% more than the bare minimum, fine

Fats:
    As many as I want, with a fair proportion of saturated ones

Sugar:
    More than enough from fruit

Micronutrients:
    Boiled fruit has a lot of vitamins and micronutrients right? If we add to that the single egg and the sardines I think that I should get enough of everything. Note that I'm always eating different fruits each day ("macedonia" as we call it)

So, even though I cannot add eggs or meat of any kind for political reasons, I think that this diet is healthy, what do you think?

P.S: I could eat vegetables but fruits are just like vegetables but with sugar, non-IBS triggering necessary and delicious sugar.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Can you get fresh fish/seafood instead of sardines and fry it in your fats? Otherwise, that's better than 99.9% of humanity ate through the ages.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Can you get fresh fish/seafood instead of sardines and fry it in your fats? Otherwise, that's better than 99.9% of humanity ate through the ages.
    Fresh seafood? Good idea, maybe they'll let me eat that.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Sardines are pretty amazing so you're probably doing good. Why is the fruit boiled?
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Sardines are pretty amazing so you're probably doing good. Why is the fruit boiled?
    Fiber, boiled fruit has way less fiber, fiber is the main cause of my IBS along lactose and some kinds of carbs.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Why not just go with fresh fish, coconut and olive oil and for the time being leave it at that, you dont actually need any sugars and if the ibs reacts to fibre then cut it out for 3 months. I have or had rather IBS and I had to cut out veggies etc for a while but I found that I did ok and when I reintroduced cooked veggies they did not cause me issues.

I am curious as to why they have you on such extreme restrictions though, a more varied diet of meats/seafoods etc would be more palatable/pleasant. Soups made of bone broths and stewed veggies would be incredibly healthy for you and sardines gets old....

I would avoid the eggs just now as well.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Can you eat more than just sardines? If you can eat all types of fish, then you have a lot to work with. Boiling fruits and vegetables is not so bad either, I can only eat cooked vegetables and again, lots of delicious options there too that I do not get bored with.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Fiber, boiled fruit has way less fiber, fiber is the main cause of my IBS along lactose and some kinds of carbs.
    Okay, are there low fibre fruits you have access to? Melon comes to the top of my head.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore