Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Pudding", "cookie" and "chocolate" ideas, please? page

"Pudding", "cookie" and "chocolate" ideas, please?

Here's the deal: I know there aren't any cheat days when doing paleo but I need a few "reset" days a month just to mess with my body a little since I tend to fall into eating too little or too low fat or too monotonous easily. And I know I get cravings a day or two before Aunt Flo comes to town. With my old diet, I'd get chocolate/cake cravings for a day or so and if I indulged it would start my period. If I didn't, it might take several days for the blood to start flowing (TMI.. I'll try to keep the graphic descriptions to a minimum). So all of this might just be habit, but as far as effectively keep losing the last few pounds I'm carrying, I think a few reset days a month, when I'm eating differently from my usual intake, would do the body good.

So I want to try to do that the paleo way. But I have added dietary restrictions for medical reasons. So I'm asking all of you kind and beautiful and knowledgeable people if you would have recipes or links to treats/sweets that would fit into a primal way of eating but do not include any dairy, quinoa, corn, amaranth, teff, sugar (even muscovado), tapioca, rice or peanut butter (and obviously no grains). Raw treats are welcome too though bear in mind that I don't have anything to blend things into fine mush with. My previous blender caught fire some months ago. The raw vegan banana-chocolate ice cream was worth it though.

justme is offline Senior Member
    Google Detoxinista raw fudge. It is decadent!

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Mug cake. Blend banana and egg-white with cinnamon, sea salt and microwave.
    Custards, blend pumpkin, sweet potato or berries with coconut milk and eggs and cook on a water bath
    Fondue. Melt chocolate and dip berries or grapes in
    Mix cocoa nibs in almond butter and put on an apple slice (or roll into it)
    Bake apples filled with nuts and berries
    get creamed coconut, slice into smallest tid-beats and peck at it... no cooking required.
    make jello with gelatin and any sweet fruit and no sugar.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Mug cake. Blend banana and egg-white with cinnamon, sea salt and microwave.
    Custards, blend pumpkin, sweet potato or berries with coconut milk and eggs and cook on a water bath
    Fondue. Melt chocolate and dip berries or grapes in
    Mix cocoa nibs in almond butter and put on an apple slice (or roll into it)
    Bake apples filled with nuts and berries
    get creamed coconut, slice into smallest tid-beats and peck at it... no cooking required.
    make jello with gelatin and any sweet fruit and no sugar.
    I love you

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Aww, shunks. The truth is, nature is full of sweet flavors, we are just de-sensitized to it by the use of table sugar. To bring up the sweetness, vanilla+salt+cinnamon added to any fruit will do the trick. Baking at low temp or freeze/thaw cycle also increases the sweetness of fruit. Blend in a magic bullet (or other blender) with a bit of coconut milk or egg white, and you have something that is not just sweet, it has complex and magic flavor. If you want it dry, chewy or crunchy - dehydrate.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    For a pudding, I like to mash an overripe banana with a fork, stir in a tbsp of cocoa and mix. Delish. Sometimes I'll stir in some toasted coconut.
    Mug cakes are great, I use an egg or just whites, a tbsp each of coconut flour and cocoa and half a mashed banana...some vanilla and cinnamon, or espresso powder, 1min in the microwave and done. So good.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Get some vanilla ice cream with minimal ingredients (or make your own) and serve a scoop or two along with a baked apple stuffed with dates, raisins and apricots.

I also have two faux ice cream recipes, one with a coconut milk base and the other with a cottage cheese base.
    Ice Cream. ICE CREAM! | MyFitnessPal.com
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

"Pudding", "cookie" and "chocolate" ideas, please?

"Soft serve": frozen pieces of ripe bananas whipped in food processor. Add raw cacao, but butter, vanilla extract, etc if desired. It tastes damn good by itself.

Same idea, but frozen mangoes make damn good sorbet.

Also I would look into macarons (naturally grain free: made with almond flour, sugar and egg white but you can replace sugar with something).

Tons of nut butter/flour + egg related baked goods. I would experiment with adding a sweet potato or banana in.

I also have a mango custard/pumpkin flan recipe on my journal but it is basically 1.5 tbsp gelatin + splash of coconut milk+ 10oz Hot water + 1 cup pumpkin purée or mangoes + vanilla + 1 raw egg. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-30-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    You may want to consider getting a new blender :/ frozen bananas make amazing ice cream. I love to add some coco powder and nut butter.

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I ment to post this... I'm going blind lol ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1383179671.167340.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast