Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (How) should I quit the pill? page 2

Kara is offline Member
    Also, just as an FYI, there are two types of IUDs, one is copper and one goes by the brand name Mirena. The Mirena one includes a low dose of hormones similar to the Pill, while the copper one has no hormones and simply works because the copper repels sperm. Both are equally effective. But I always think it's important to know the options you have available.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I went off the pill right as I started eating primally, and it was one of the best decisions ever. Im a fan of coitus interuptus, but not at the last moment as that can be rather risky. I think cillakats advice is best though.

MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Why NOT have kids?

1) Have lots of babies
    2) Buy farm
    3) Use said offspring for cheap labor
    4) ???
    5) Profit!
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    I went off the pill right as I started eating primally, and it was one of the best decisions ever. Im a fan of coitus interuptus, but not at the last moment as that can be rather risky. I think cillakats advice is best though.
    lmyers04- if you don't mind me asking a very personal question, why was going off the pill one of the best decisions ever? I ask only because I'm considering it myself...I was on Yasmin for years, but stopped because I thought it was making me super tired and giving me migraines. I did improve somewhat after going off it, but then when my migraines got worse, my doctor put me on continuous Femcon.

Since going primal, I'm not tired and don't have migraines, so I'm wondering if the CW eating was the problem in the first place.

My boyfriend and I have been together 7 years, and we can get by without the hormonal birth control, so I'm wondering if I should go off it...

tia

Autumn is offline Member
    Cillacat Ö yes, thatís what I tried to say Ö or I just understand your post as saying the same as I was trying to say.

Kara. Iíve read that when ovulation occurs the egg is not yet fertile, it ripens as it passes through the ovary but will be fertile only 8 hours before reaching the uterus and try to fasten itself to the blood filled secretion. If the egg only has its own 23 chromosomes it releases no hormone to prevent release of that blood filled secretion and the woman will start her menstruation. Double ovulation can occur for a lot of reasons. With my mother it was a miscarriage (so itís hormonal I guess). Iím a fraternal twin. Double ovulation happens most often with 10-12 days apart. But thatís not to say that the body canít do something thatís not in the current textbooksí rule of thumb. When I became pregnant with my son it was because of a double ovulation. I didnít expect an ovulation and the counting method had worked for 1Ĺ years Ö until I had an ovulation 6 days before expected and one more 11 days after that. Back then I could feel an ovulation. Like a really bad sting to which ever side was releasing an egg. After giving birth that ability disappeared. I donít know what cervical mucous is in my language, we donít use all Latin in medical talk, but Iím guessing itís the secretion that give that tell tale sign that ovulation is pending? I use that method now as a guideline because I can no longer feel the egg release it self.

How long sperm can survive is all about the man. Depending on the conditions (and here were probably also talking cervical mucous?) spermís lifetime is everywhere between 2 sec. and 6-7 days (tested on a farmer, and I believe he still holds the record). Some say that itís possible to taste sperm quality. The saltier the taste the better the swim effect

Ovulation can also happen spontaneous if the woman gets really, really exited and Ö in lack of a bigger vocabulary Ö horny.

My opinion on birth control is still Ė everything with hormones in it: stay far away from it! The body wasnít made to be force fed manipulated hormones so nothing good can come from it.

If Iím not clear in my explanations please forgive me, English is not my native tongue.

Autumn

fable is offline Senior Member
    @MountainDew: Hmm.. Maybe not such a bad idea..

I think I should be corageuos enough to discuss the matter with my doctor. Although I have a strong feeling that he will not quite see my point of changing birth control method when I am not currently experiencing any troubles with my pill.. I'll also see if I can get the hold of the recommended book.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    difficult decision to make as a woman. you could either use condoms, pull out (its not effective at all), or a host of chemicals that are probably bad for you too. i went off because i got very bad food poisioning and i couldnt keep anything down anyways. so i stopped taking it after the end of the inactive section. i feel alot better and more energetic, and my libido is higher. i dont get headaches as often. also im in that "if i get pregnant it happens but we arent trying" phase since ive been married for 6 years now and im getting closer to 30.

MightyMite is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    Ovulation can also happen spontaneous if the woman gets really, really exited and Ö in lack of a bigger vocabulary Ö horny.
    Um no, humans are not rabbits (spontaneous ovulation with intercourse), however, certainly nature's design is that a female is really receptive to intercourse when she's likely to be the most fertile. This is sorta the bummer with abstaining during fertile periods--that's when you feel like you want to be doing the nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    My opinion on birth control is still Ė everything with hormones in it: stay far away from it! The body wasnít made to be force fed manipulated hormones so nothing good can come from it.
    I was on low-dose birth controls pills for almost 3 decades and recently went off them. No difference except that I now chart my temperature (thanks FAM!) to see when I should expect a visit from Aunt Flo. Even ovulated "on time" with that first cycle (felt the twinge, saw the temperature spike the next day, and got my period 12 days later). Now notice that I do feel more horny mid-cycle, whereas before the libido was pretty much always at the same level. With starting decades ago or stopping recently, I never had any "side effects" (good, bad or indifferent).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahrob2248 View Post
    lmyers04- if you don't mind me asking a very personal question, why was going off the pill one of the best decisions ever? I ask only because I'm considering it myself...I was on Yasmin for years, but stopped because I thought it was making me super tired and giving me migraines. I did improve somewhat after going off it, but then when my migraines got worse, my doctor put me on continuous Femcon.

Since going primal, I'm not tired and don't have migraines, so I'm wondering if the CW eating was the problem in the first place.

My boyfriend and I have been together 7 years, and we can get by without the hormonal birth control, so I'm wondering if I should go off it...

tia
    The pill was making me feel very bad as well. Mostly in the form of intense nausea, fatigue, no headaches though....not that I can recall. and I read somewhere being on the pill makes it harder for women to gain muscle, and maintain muscle, something that is very important for me. So I stopped. I feel like it was a great decision because I see no reason to pump my body full of hormones, especially if it was making me feel so horrid. I looked into getting an IUD, but my insurance wont cover it and planned parenthood told me it would cost 600 bucks, so I cant really do that right now, but getting a low-hormone IUD is something I will probably try in the future. I pay more attention to my cycles now, and during the days where Im most likely to be ovulating, I avoid vaginal intercourse. Seems to be working, as there is a notable absence of a child in my belly, and I feel great.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Why NOT have kids?

1) Have lots of babies
    2) Buy farm
    3) Use said offspring for cheap labor
    4) ???
    5) Profit!
    this is my dream. grassfed beef, raw dairy, fresh produce......ahhhhhhhh what a life!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast