Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oats page 7

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    You haven't seen the 'Otzi Version' of fiber requirements...lol
    Lol no I haven't. I believe we all have different requirements of that one. I need a moderate amount of fiber about (25g a day) and drink lots of water.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghanner View Post
    Are Oats Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Chocked full of anti-nutrient goodness!
    When I crave porridge I soak ground chia and raw sprouted hemp overnight then gently warm it up with apples and cinnamon... Perhaps a bit more primal/paleo and certainly more nutrient dense.
    When we crave porridge, I boil rice until it breaks down.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    I often have Eden Organic's Rice Flakes. They are very similar to oatmeal but rice seems to be a little more benign than oats.

rory535 is offline Member
    Oats with raisins, dates......could eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner! Not the crap, steel cut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jammies is offline Senior Member
    The simple fact is that eating oats as a staple is not in line with the principles of the primal blueprint. People can adapt this way of eating however they want. But if you are new and trying this out, I would leave oats out - at least for a while.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

gergirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Well, this stupid dummy jackass loser thread MADE ME eat oats.

Really, it leaped RIGHT off of my computer monitor, held me at gunpoint alllllll the way
    to the kitchen, then stood there and threatened me to make oatmeal or "it'd shoot".

So I did. At 10:30am. And they were delicious. And I didn't die. And I didn't bloat. And, and, and,
    the world didn't explode.

And?

I'm still full 3hrs later.

Sue me.

Julia
    well done

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I could eat them, too; probably wouldn't be struck down by either bloating or Mark Sisson with a thunderbolt. It's just that if I made a habit of it, I'd be a bit fatter, a bit hungrier, probably have a bit of joint pain, maybe have some skin/ hair problems come back...

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    I could eat them, too; probably wouldn't be struck down by either bloating or Mark Sisson with a thunderbolt. It's just that if I made a habit of it, I'd be a bit fatter, a bit hungrier, probably have a bit of joint pain, maybe have some skin/ hair problems come back...
    True dat to the tenth power.

But they *were* tasty.

I think it'd been a year since I had any?

Didn't feel any deleterious effects at the time, but yeah, on an every day basis, boy howdy I would.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I guess it depends on if you were brought up on it.
    Probably. When I was growing up, the selection of breakfast porridge was rice, buckwheat, millet, cream of wheat, oatmeal and barley. We never had cold cereals. And I just never liked oats, while I liked other porridge, most of all buckwheat. I rarely miss it, basically only made a substitute a couple of times (flax and peanut butter back when I was doing whole foods, but not Primal yet).

When I look at nutrition, I have a feeling that buckwheat and millet are also better picks. I keep waiting that someone discovers them as super-food, but so far it's still quinoa.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    When I decided to start losing weight, I started eating steel cut oats, every morning. Lost 50lbs. Cut them out along with most all other carbs and added more fat, and weight loss slowed until finally it screeched to a halt.

Not saying it was from quitting the oats, not saying anything really. Just sayin'
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast