Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast page

honeychip is offline Member

Breakfast

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys,
    Any good breakfast ideas hot & cold that I can take away with me while traveling :-))

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Leftovers from the night before.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeychip View Post
    Hi guys,
    Any good breakfast ideas hot & cold that I can take away with me while traveling :-))
    You should probably just stop thinking of "breakfast foods" and "dinner foods", etc. Food is just food. Eat whatever whenever.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Cold boiled potatoes are easy to eat on the run.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Cold boiled potatoes are easy to eat on the run.

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Hard boiled eggs are easy and portable and really don't need refrigeration as long as they are eaten within a reasonable time frame.

If you want a 'breakfast cereal type of food' try mixing 2 parts hemp seeds or hearts, 2 parts buckwheat groats, 1 part chia or flax seed.

When you want to eat it, put about a 1/4 cup of the mixture in a bowl, add water or some type of milk/cream (I use cocnut milk). Let soak for about 5 minutes stiring occasionally to ensure well soaked. You may need more liquid than you think.

Add some raisins.craisins or a small amount of other dried fruit for sweetness and if you like, some chopped nuts.

Easy to take a small bag with you when you travel. you can experiment and vary the portions to suit your tastes/palate.
    Last edited by twa2w; 10-30-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    You should probably just stop thinking of "breakfast foods" and "dinner foods", etc. Food is just food. Eat whatever whenever.
    This. Every workday I eat leftover dinner for breakfast. I make extra dinner on purpose so I have leftovers! Sometimes I'll make eggs for dinner and have the leftover for breakfast.

Hard boiled eggs, home made beef jerky, cheese or yogurt if you do dairy, cut up veg (carrots, peppers, etc.), fruit, cold meat (leftover chicken or beef is just "cold cuts" not sliced thinly).

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    Hard boiled eggs are easy and portable and really don't need refrigeration as long as they are eaten within a reasonable time frame.
    According to our local poultry farm:

Egg Fact:

Did you know that if you hard boil an egg and air dry it at room temperature (DO NOT rinse it under cold water) the egg contents are sterile? However, if you boil eggs and then cool them in cold water, the hot eggs will draw the cold water inside no longer making it sterile.

IF DONE PROPERLY the sterile and intact egg can theoretically be kept out for years like canned foods at room temperature. Now I DO NOT take responsibility for your actions, but this is at least what science has found and what the FDA considers as non-potentially hazardous.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Good luck peeling them though.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A good-sized vacuum flask or two is a wonderful thing - keeps stew hot or smoothie chilled. But when you say 'travelling', do you mean going to work for the day, or spending a week in a hotel with no way to cook?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast