Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Oz Show - Carbs cause Alzheimer's page

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member

Dr Oz Show - Carbs cause Alzheimer's

Primal Fuel
    In case nobody posted this...

Even mainstream knuckleheads like Dr Oz seem to be realizing carbs cause diabetes, heart disease, and now Alzheimer's. Raises blood sugar, gives you diabetes, rots your brain.

Do Carbs Cause Alzheimer's? | The Dr. Oz Show

Selecting is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by Selecting; 02-12-2014 at 01:35 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Selecting View Post
    I don't mind it too much when someone is ignorant about something and they admit it -- but to be this ignorant and so strongly opinionated is insanity.
    This is a pet peeve of mine too.

TOO MANY SIGGABLE POSTS TODAY!
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    That is absolutely ridiculous... I was "keto-adapted" and let me tell you it freaking sucked. I train hard 3-5 hours a week and I am on my feet climbing ladders, carrying heavy tools, walking, standing etc for 9-10 hours a day. I need a minimum of 80g of carbs to not feel lethargic and sometimes I have 150grams. I feel much better, if my daily or bi-daily sweet potato is going to give me Alzheimer's then so be it.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Last time I checked Dr Oz was still riding the whole grain wagon. So he now hates carbs, wow lets pay attention! Its not like his show is a holy grail of pseudo science!
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Oz gives lot of air play to rubbish ideas if it brings in viewers. He even brought in Gary taubes and his quack theories because it brought "controversy" and interest. He brings in them all and he makes it entertaining for the general viewer.
    "Carbs" causing diabetes and alziemiers and heart disease is almost comical. Especially when people have been able to reverse diabetes and heart disease on diets that are almost entirely based on carbs.

joe2.0 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Especially when people have been able to reverse diabetes on diets that are almost entirely based on carbs.
    Credible Link?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    Credible Link?
    maybe they meant type 2
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Type II yes. Improving insulin sensitivity and coming of medications has been reported for decades on low fat high carb dating back to Pritikins early studies.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Last time I checked Dr Oz was still riding the whole grain wagon. So he now hates carbs, wow lets pay attention! Its not like his show is a holy grail of pseudo science!
    We are still watching shows from 2010/11, so that means that anything interesting will not come up in another few year? DANG!!!
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast