Thread: Shakes... page

lmoya83 is offline Senior Member

Shakes...

Shop Now
    I was wondering what are some good morning shake ideas? Is whey protein powder even paleo? I was thinking of making one with coconut milk, kale, banana, avocado and strawberries and adding it bit of almond butter... Is it a good idea?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Protein powder is heavily processed, so not strictly primal, but it can be a helpful tool in achieving nutritional goals. I would suggest you consider it as a supplement or workout tool (pre or post), not as a meal exclusively. It depends on your goals & lifestyle, of course.

Your smoothie combo sounds tasty to me, but I would rather have some eggs with the fruit on the side
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Whey is not primal IMO but mark says it is...I drink it becuase I am too busy to cook on some days, because it is delicious and quick, and because I have a ton of whey left over.

I make one

- with frozen mangoes, light coconut milk, egg white, vanilla bean, and vanilla whey.

-with the same as above except with frozen pineapples

-with raw cacao, cacao nibs, frozen berries or bananas, gelatin, and chocolate whey.

I used to do that green shake thing but now I realized eating kale/spinach wasn't doing much for me nutritionally when I could eat offal and seafood. Now I eat those instead and do fruit only shakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Whey is not primal IMO but mark says it is...I drink it becuase I am too busy to cook on some days, because it is delicious and quick, and because I have a ton of whey left over.

I make one

- with frozen mangoes, light coconut milk, egg white, vanilla bean, and vanilla whey.

-with the same as above except with frozen pineapples

-with raw cacao, cacao nibs, frozen berries or bananas, gelatin, and chocolate whey.

I used to do that green shake thing but now I realized eating kale/spinach wasn't doing much for me nutritionally when I could eat offal and seafood. Now I eat those instead and do fruit only shakes.

Y not the whole egg??

Shakes...

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya83 View Post
    Y not the whole egg??
    Because I buy liquid cage free egg white (only ingredient). I eat fat as long as it is saturated, just not a fat bomb post-workout and when I am also having a ton of carbs. I try to keep carbs and fat separate.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Because I buy liquid cage free egg white (only ingredient). I eat fat as long as it is saturated, just not a fat bomb post-workout and when I am also having a ton of carbs. I try to keep carbs and fat separate.

Ok understood... I am just going to stick to bacon and eggs in the morning lol

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya83 View Post
    Ok understood... I am just going to stick to bacon and eggs in the morning lol
    If it works for you, go for it. I don't even eat breakfast. Just coconut milk + coffee.

------