Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a good bacon without sugar? page 3

MarkChopper is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    glucose ≠ sugar used in bacon. You do not need to eat table sugar or corn derived sugar. There are far better ways to get the glucose your body needs. Also gluconeogenesis exists as a mechanism of getting this needed glucose in a non-carbohydrate environment.
    All true. I just find it interesting that some can attribute a few grams of ingested sugar to some sort of psychosomatic craving or binging of sugar. If its something your body requires, i find it hard to believe one can be addicted. Instead maybe your body is trying to send you a message, like maybe gluconeogenesis is not the optimal method for obtaining glucose.

Sugar addictions are simply nutrient deficiencies. Sugar is a nutrient.

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkChopper View Post
    Your body requires glucose, there is a reason you crave sugar.

Interesting that you would think 10 strips of bacon is healthy but 5g of sugar is comparable to crack or heroin.
    I'm not saying it's ok to eat 10 strips of bacon, even healthy foods need moderation. the bacon was just an example. Your body does not require any forms of refined sugar whatsoever. The glucose that your brain needs to function properly can be attained from fruit most easily. However your body will turn any fat/carbs and yes PROTEIN into glucose.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    All true. I just find it interesting that some can attribute a few grams of ingested sugar to some sort of psychosomatic craving or binging of sugar.

Sugar addiction: pushing the drug-sugar analogy to the limit.

Available evidence in humans shows that sugar and sweetness can induce reward and craving that are comparable in magnitude to those induced by addictive drugs. Although this evidence is limited by the inherent difficulty of comparing different types of rewards and psychological experiences in humans, it is nevertheless supported by recent experimental research on sugar and sweet reward in laboratory rats. Overall, this research has revealed that sugar and sweet reward can not only substitute to addictive drugs, like cocaine, but can even be more rewarding and attractive.
    If its something your body requires, i find it hard to believe one can be addicted. Instead maybe your body is trying to send you a message, like maybe gluconeogenesis is not the optimal method for obtaining glucose.

Yes, and different types of sugars do different things in the body, especially as far as brain chemistry is concerned.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

All true. I just find it interesting that some can attribute a few grams of ingested sugar to some sort of psychosomatic craving or binging of sugar. If its something your body requires, i find it hard to believe one can be addicted. Instead maybe your body is trying to send you a message, like maybe gluconeogenesis is not the optimal method for obtaining glucose.

That is incorrect. Refined sugar is not a nutrient, in fact refunded sugar inhibits your body's ability to properly absorb any real nutrients you consume with it. Not all sugars are created equal. There are no physical or Psycological needs for refined sugar in the human body other than addiction. Also, sugar addictions are not nutrient deficiencies I'm not even sure how you came up with that one.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinglife View Post
    That is incorrect. Refined sugar is not a nutrient, in fact refunded sugar inhibits your body's ability to properly absorb any real nutrients you consume with it. Not all sugars are created equal. There are no physical or Psycological needs for refined sugar in the human body other than addiction. Also, sugar addictions are not nutrient deficiencies I'm not even sure how you came up with that one.
    I 100% concur with sugar being a problem for many of us. Wasn't there talk a while back of how people's brains would 'light up' when fed sugar just like a heroin addicts brain does? I know if I abstain 100% from sugar, I'm fine, give me a piece of fudge and I want the whole plate.

MarkChopper is offline Banned
    Refined sugar = glucose/fructose. It is processed the same as any sugar you can find in nature. Dont know where you are coming up with the notion that it inhibits your bodies ability to absorb other nutrients. Your last two posts seem to have a lot of broscience in them.

Try adequately filling your glycogen stores on a daily basis and see if you still crave sugar.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Refined sugar = glucose/fructose. It is processed the same as any sugar you can find in nature. Dont know where you are coming up with the notion that it inhibits your bodies ability to absorb other nutrients. Your last two posts seem to have a lot of broscience in them.

Try adequately filling your glycogen stores on a daily basis and see if you still crave sugar.
    Oh so by your logic all fats are created equal too then, no matter if they are synthesized from plants or come from grass-fed animals.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

quikky is offline Senior Member
    I'm genuinely curious, has someone actually started craving sugar after eating some bacon?

I don't quote bro science. My glycogen stores are adequately fed at no more than 25g a day. I do not consume any refined sugar. This sugar comes from nuts, fruits, veggies only. And no I don't crave sugar. But if I have ONE Hershey Kiss, I will start to crave it. That is because refined sugar does not have the same chemical structure of natural sugars found in fruits/veggies. Therefore the body does not respond the same way. Your body has to work a lot harder to get ATP from the natural sugars than chemical sugars which are available immediately. Do you understand why diabetics can eat fruit but not cake? All sugars are broken down into metabolic building blocks by your body whether it comes from milk, fruit, or candy. The difference is in what the body can do with those different types of sugars after it's broken down. Any refined sugar is immediate available and rapidly absorbed into the blood stream causing a sudden rise in blood glucose levels, which over time wears out the pancreas. And sugars that are not burned off quickly are stored in the fat cells. Sugars from whole foods often have more soluble fiber which slows the release of sugar into the blood stream, and whole foods are also loaded with real nutrients like vitamins c, and antioxidants. If you still don't get it, I give up, your hopeless

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't quote bro science. My glycogen stores are adequately fed at no more than 25g a day. I do not consume any refined sugar. This sugar comes from nuts, fruits, veggies only. And no I don't crave sugar. But if I have ONE Hershey Kiss, I will start to crave it. That is because refined sugar does not have the same chemical structure of natural sugars found in fruits/veggies. Therefore the body does not respond the same way. Your body has to work a lot harder to get ATP from the natural sugars than chemical sugars which are available immediately. Do you understand why diabetics can eat fruit but not cake? All sugars are broken down into metabolic building blocks by your body whether it comes from milk, fruit, or candy. The difference is in what the body can do with those different types of sugars after it's broken down. Any refined sugar is immediate available and rapidly absorbed into the blood stream causing a sudden rise in blood glucose levels, which over time wears out the pancreas. And sugars that are not burned off quickly are stored in the fat cells. Sugars from whole foods often have more soluble fiber which slows the release of sugar into the blood stream, and whole foods are also loaded with real nutrients like vitamins c, and antioxidants. If you still don't get it, I give up, your hopeless
    You made that up...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast