Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bone broth page

scoplin is offline Junior Member

bone broth

Primal Fuel
    If I can't source out grass feed organic beef/pork is it still healthy to make bone broth soup? Or is the crap in conventionally raised animals also in the bone and I'm just boiling a bunch of garbage?

Thanks for your insights folks!

S.

ps. If any of you have any leads on where to get organic, grass-feed animals in Jeju, South Korea, I'd be grateful for that info. Cheers~

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoplin View Post
    If I can't source out grass feed organic beef/pork is it still healthy to make bone broth soup? Or is the crap in conventionally raised animals also in the bone and I'm just boiling a bunch of garbage?

Thanks for your insights folks!

S.

ps. If any of you have any leads on where to get organic, grass-feed animals in Jeju, South Korea, I'd be grateful for that info. Cheers~
    I'd still go ahead and make my own. You're going to be light years ahead of anything else out there and there are plenty of benefits from the minerals and collagen. Don't forget to skim the fat off the top once it's chilled. You'll get rid of a bulk of the nasty stuff doing that, as often toxins are stored in the fat. I think it's important to do the best you can with what you have and not worry about perfection. Good luck!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^Agreed
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

brookcorbyn is offline Junior Member
    We make bone broth out of store bought chicken occasionally and we still see all the benefits from it. It definitely gives us more energy!

DennyB is offline Senior Member
    x3

I cant afford grass fed meats, free range eggs or organic produce so just use the. conventional stuff. I still feel tons better than on a SAD diet.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Opera is offline Junior Member
    I've found organic, grass fed beef bones around at farmers markets for prices comparable to conventional bones. It's worth keeping an eye out. Otherwise, what the others have said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoplin is offline Junior Member
    Good to know. Thanks everyone!

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APPLEGIRL View Post
    I'd still go ahead and make my own. You're going to be light years ahead of anything else out there and there are plenty of benefits from the minerals and collagen. Don't forget to skim the fat off the top once it's chilled. You'll get rid of a bulk of the nasty stuff doing that, as often toxins are stored in the fat. I think it's important to do the best you can with what you have and not worry about perfection. Good luck!
    I've been doing the last sentence of the above quote for the last 26 months in regards to eating grass-fed beef and pork as well as range free chickens and their eggs. After losing my husband several years ago I began life under the dictates of a "fixed income" and the budget just won't stretch to cover the kind of meat and eggs I suppose I should be eating. I've often felt, over this period of time, that since I couldn't "work the program" as prescribed I might be wasting my efforts. In that same time I've lost 133 lbs. and haven't been sick once and I work in the school library . . . kids. I understand we all respond to eating and what we eat, differently but sometimes I'd get the feeling that if I can't insert "grass fed or range free" into my post somewhere I'm not playing by the rules. Those feelings usually hit, I admit, when I was hungry, the scale hadn't moved for days, I was tired or the machanic just said I needed new tires. Doing the best I can with what I've been blessed with has to be ok too.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 11-04-2013 at 02:47 PM.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Have you searched eatwild.com?

oops - just saw you were looking for SK not CDA

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I've been doing the last sentence of the above quote for the last 26 months in regards to eating grass-fed beef and pork as well as range free chickens and their eggs. After losing my husband several years ago I began life under the dictates of a "fixed income" and the budget just won't stretch to cover the kind of meat and eggs I suppose I should be eating. I've often felt, over this period of time, that since I couldn't "work the program" as prescribed I might be wasting my efforts. In that same time I've lost 133 lbs. and haven't been sick once and I work in the school library . . . kids. I understand we all respond to eating and what we eat differently but sometimes I'd get the feeling that if I can't insert "grass fed or range free" into my post somewhere I'm not playing by the rules. Those feelings usually hit, I admit, when I was hungry, the scale hadn't moved for days, I was tired or the machanic just said I needed new tires. Doing the best I can with what I've been blessed with has to be ok too.
    I love this post!!! You rock Rosemary! I suspect a lot of people on here are the same way, or close anyway. Gives us all hope! Even if we can't afford the 'good stuff', or maybe don't always have access to it, we do what we can! I have been blessed and fortunate to come into more money recently, so I am now able to invest in more grass-fed, organic, free range, pastured, etc......but not always! And I have seen some good results despite not being able to adhere to the 'rules'.....we do what we can, and keep fighting the good fight!
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast