Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Something doesn't seem right. page 10

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    No, it isn't the same at all. Barack Obama and George Bush both make me sick. The flesh of cows makes me feel amazing, while wheat makes me suffer digestive upset. Meat is the outlier here.
    So you're a bush fan.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    What if you just drown the whole cow?
    Isn't that how they make manatees?

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    No, it isn't the same at all. Barack Obama and George Bush both make me sick. The flesh of cows makes me feel amazing, while wheat makes me suffer digestive upset. Meat is the outlier here.
    Maybe you were eating the wrong kind of Bush.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Isn't that how they make manatees?
    Good old sea cows...
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    In my life, I feel that my best way to stick it to this system was NOT to buy commodity food of all kinds, plants or otherwise. My guidelines for ethical food are:
    1) Buy as little food as possible that comes from a lit building.....most all my food is bought from people I personally know, hunted or grown myself, or traded for.
    2) If the entity I am buying this food from has stockholders, I will not buy it, end of story.

I am not at all being argumentative, as I very much respect the ethics of why you would be vegan as I had done myself, but I am at least offering a different viewpoint on what "ethical" means. I oppose the commodity food, GMO, environment degrading, animal abusing, corporate hegemony system. They are the root cause of our food system disease.
    I like this. I don't quite follow it, but that is a more meaningful definition of ethical eating to me than just "oh I eat only plants."

By the way, in Nepal they are vegetarian until one of their yaks "accidentally" "falls" off a cliff.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I have been thinking about similar things a lot lately. I had believed that eating primal was the best way for us to eat based on evolution, but I have not been thriving and have looked elsewhere. I also don't believe we should be vegetarians, but I would desperately love to thrive without meat.

About 6 weeks ago I went to a raw diet. I wanted to take the best of what I knew from primal and WAP and combine that the best of what the raw vegans seemed to know. I won't argue what is more natural for us and I don't even think that what is most natural for us is even what might be best for us. We live in such a strange way now, full of toxic food, water, air etc. that we potentially need way more antioxidants and nutrients to fight it all out of our systems. Also, the blue zone populations do seem to eat very plant heavy.

This is still an experiment in progress but so far I'm seeing improvements in my health that many years of primal had not fixed. I'm currently eating juiced greens, raw veggie salads, lots of raw fruit, raw milk, raw cheese, raw liver, (I would do raw eggs but I'm allergic), lots of fermented foods like kombucha, kefir, yogurt, veggies and fruit, cooked veggies soups (I don't eat sulfur veggies raw) and occasionally cooked yams or potatoes. Mostly I'm eating raw with a few select cooked options. I have been dealing with chronic fatigue for 20 years. Primal helped me a lot with this but after the first 6 months I stopped seeing improvement in my energy. This is making me feel like I'm improving again. When I log my foods into cronometer, I'm getting way more vitamins and minerals than I did on a regular primal diet.

Raw vegans seem to crash eventually, hopefully the added animal foods will prevent that.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    I never mentioned "new foods" at all. What I was referring to is meat. Just because we can eat meat, it doesn't mean that we HAVE to. And just because someone chooses not to eat meat, it doesn't mean they HAVE to replace it with fruit roll ups, pop tarts and ice cream sundays. It could just as well mean a diet consisting of fish, eggs, and fruit. There are countless foods to choose from that may or may not be healthy.

This is the question I really want to ask. Why does everyone seem to want to put foods into 2 different categories? You either eat beef all the time or you're eating wheat and you're going to get celiacs disease and diabetes and die.
    Understood.

Answer: because as we've seen in large experiments (the USA 1950s to present), when you push people off meat/butter, they end up on grains/sugar. It's what happens. You're either eating an upper paleolithic diet where meat/fish are your staples, or your eating a neolithic diet where grains are your staples.

Not that you can't think up a weird diet other than these two diets, it is just that when you look at the history of man, cultures usually end up eating one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Understood.

Answer: because as we've seen in large experiments (the USA 1950s to present), when you push people off meat/butter, they end up on grains/sugar. It's what happens. You're either eating an upper paleolithic diet where meat/fish are your staples, or your eating a neolithic diet where grains are your staples.

Not that you can't think up a weird diet other than these two diets, it is just that when you look at the history of man, cultures usually end up eating one or the other.
    Makes sense. But the entire concept is narrow minded. You give people 2 choices, get them to spin their heads and argue over which one is better, and it keeps them distracted from the fact that there may be other choices out there if they only used their imaginations. This is only a demonstration that most people are followers and can't think for themselves.

Take away all the modern stuff and go back to hunter gatherer times, and what do you have left? Certainly not grains!

As for the rest, well it depends on the region you're in and the time of year. Some islands don't even have any meat on them at all, just fruit. In arctic regions they don't have fruit. It really does depend.

With that in mind, I really think the idea of the perfect diet (consisting of everything in the same day) is more absurd than ever.

Bear is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what the correct answer to this post is, but I can tell you that if I eat red meat, I pay for it. Oh...a little ground beef (1/4 pound) in a pot of spaghetti sauce about once every six months. But a steak...guaranteed sleepless night and intestinal protests.

Grok probably ate meat (if he did, regularly), because there wasn't a good farmers' market available. Or a chicken ranch.

Maybe he ate a lot of fish...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast