Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior year... Just sayin' page

freedom.please is offline Senior Member

Senior year... Just sayin'

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Starting up a journal for tracking food, exercise, and the general venting sessions.

Last year-
    I weighed around 128 lb the body fat scale said I was around 24% BF. My weight fluctuated up and down with some binge eating

Now-
    I weigh 124 lb with a BF of 22-23% Seems as though I lost a little weight but not so much fat, disappointing that my clothing really don't fit any differently

Where I want to be-
    I picture myself Weighing 120lb at 18% BF ... Why, I'm not sure. Mostly I am seeking to lose some body fat and get my body regulated. My eating patterns are some times off but I do love good and healthy food. Its my senior year in college and I'd like to leave here healthy. And I've loved reading MDA for a couple years now.

Goal
    1. BF 18%
    2. Head Stand Push Up W/ Wall
    3. Increased & Regulated Energy
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You don't have enough body fat to lose healthfully at this time. Plese try again later.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha, well Knifegill may be somewhat right. You're a little shorter than me though. I suppose it depends on what kind of build you have! I bet if you focus on strength, you will end up with the body you are looking for. I'd encourage you not to focus on the scale, or weigh at all, as adding muscle on will affect your "goal" number. You might end up heavier than you thought you wanted, but you'll look damn good (though you probably do now anyway).

Getting in a regular eating schedule can be helpful for a number of reasons, not to mention keeping your brain happy for good studies =P I only graduated 3 yrs ago and I can tell you, I really do wish I'd eaten more during finals.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hey guys, thanks for your thoughts...namelesswonder, yes I'm actually fine with my weight I'd just like to be a little more lean. My build, well, a lot of my muscle is in my legs, though I try to work my arms. My waist is small and all my fat seems to go to my rear and thighs... sigh
    Yes a regular eating schedule would be fantastic. Right now I have work until 6:00 and some times class until 8:30 in the evening so dinner becomes tricky for me

CATALYST - so I found a bottle of supplements I bought a couple years ago and never opened. The ingredients are L-glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleuince, L-Valine, L-Arginine... Is this something I would want to take? Why or why not? I did look up glutamine and what caught my eye was that it could be beneficial for those struggling with anxiety and depression, both of which affect my life.

Food-
    B- I made caramelized onions and eggs with a spinach salad
    L- Protein Shake (not something I usually have, weird choice)
    D - friend invited me over for beer can chicken and mashed potatoes ... plus a couple glasses of wine

---Found myself nawing on a lot of dark chocolate covered almonds, I mean a lot, Too Many, oops
    Ran to the gym (1 mile), burpees, lunges, few weight machines, walked back to apartment (1 miles)
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

I've never found that l-glutamine helped my anxiety or depression. I know it's supposed to be good for your gut health though. I take it most days, but I have leaky gut that I'm trying to heal.

L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP together made the biggest difference for my food disorders. I also make sure I have plenty of protein. I used to start my day with a protein shake just to make sure I was getting at least 100g of protein a day and that helped a lot.

Thanks namelesswonder! What is leaky gut? I do not know much about L-Tyrosine or 5 - HTP. Looks like maybe I should do some personal research. I took antidepressents for a short time a couple years ago, and got away from it fast, didn't like how it made me feel. And I think your spot on about the protein, I need to make sure I'm getting enough

Yesterday
    Food
    B- not hungry
    L- Chicken Breast, spinach salad, apple
    S- some one brought treats to class (star crunch bar thingy)
    D- Cheese burger (out to dinner with class mates) it was 9:00 and we were at a bar for our senior get together. At least it was not a mcdonalds cheese burger, it was actually rather good.

I ended up having a couple mugs of beer, and I rarely to never "go out" so it was kind of a special occasion. The room was a bit spinny last night when I went to bed, and my whole routine is off today. But in the long run I think it was a good event and nice to socialize with some classmates out side of class.

I work from 1- 8 today, so I am not sure if I will get much of a work out in :/ ... I need it after last night too
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Check out the book "The Mood Cure" for info on L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP. It covers how to use amino acids (such as those) for treating depression & anxiety, as well as adequate protein.

Leaky gut is a bit confusing. Check this out. How to Heal Leaky Gut - The Food Lovers Kitchen

Long day, took some time to recover this morning, and ready to get to bed early... No work out, but I can run in the morning
    Food
    B- tea
    L- protein shake
    D- big chicken breast, spinach, quinoa, apple

pretty boring day, I did pick up a chuck roast to make for dinner tomorrow and I am super excited, it shall be delicious.
    Over and out, I'm sleepy
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Woot Woot, Pot Roast turned out well last night. Paired it with some wine and an awesome salad. Played card games and relaxed, great Friday night. Headed to work soon for 8 hours..but... I like going to work

Namelesswonder - I read your article on leaky gut, what an odd yet obnoxious problem to be dealing with!... Haven't gotten to "The Mood Cure" yet but I'm working on it. Its nice having someone a little bit older, yet still close in age, who understands food disorders and anxiety, thanks again for your tips.

Yesterday food
    B- fast
    L- Yoghurt, apple (sometimes you just gotta eat whats in the fridge before class)
    D- Pot roast w/ veggies, mashed potatoes, salad, wine
    Work out - Ran 2 miles, did a burpee/pullup routine, tried mastering the crow yoga form with my roommate

I realize if I want to drop body fat, mashed potatoes last night were not the best choice, but it came down to a social situation and cooking for some friends... I suppose I could have passed, but I would have been slightly dissapointed had I. Its not like I ate an entire plate full. I'm also noticing my trend of not eating breakfast the past couple days, I do like breakfast and make eggs often in the morning, but I just have not been hungry when I wake up so I figure why eat... good or bad, I don't know, I'll eat breakfast when I feel like it
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Greetings FP. I have to say IMHO you dont eat enough, not nearly enough fats and you do wayyy to much cardio. The quibbling over potatoes seems misplaced when you dont have everything else dialed. Where is the move slow and lift heavy workouts? All the cardio just stresses your body, the insufficient food stresses your body, your worrying about loosing that last 10lbs stresses your body. All that stress is just upping cortisol and that stores fat. (Put very simply)

Depression is something I know all too well and for me, it got better when I upped the sat fats and fixed my life stresses. Now that I have a 10 month old baby, stress and bad sleep are back and so is my depression.

I would suggest you stop all the cardio workouts and walk more. I would suggest a few lift heavy sessions a week and I would suggest you get rid of the beer and bread and wine and protein shakes, eat a solid paleo diet with lower carbs and more butter and coconut oils etc.

skinny is or should not be the goal, healthy by design, hot by accident is my fav line.

Stop worrying about weight and know that having some extra weight in your hips/legs is where a woman is supposed to carry it. You are no longer a developing teen you are becoming a more mature woman so eat well, lift heavy and if you end up in bigger jeans then the people looking wont be complaining.

Look up everyday paleo and their podcast, it really is funny and kinda aimed more for women than men.

Own It | Everyday Paleo If you think she got this way not eating enough and cardioing her ass off then you need to read.

Good luck.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast