Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Senior year... Just sayin' page 4

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Feeling good!
    Yesterday I made a great dish, super excited. I made a sauerkraut salad with a homemade mayonnaise dressing (egg yolk, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard) the salad had apple, caraway seed, cheese, pimentos, green bell pepper, and onion in it. I REALLY like Sauerkraut I guess... but hey I am made up of 50% German

Any one know the health benefits of sauerkraut... ?

Today should be a good one, I have already been productive at 6:00 this a.m. about to head to work and I have an afternoon planned of either hiking or biking with my dad, haven't decided which one yet ( thinking I want to hike, but dad wants to bike)
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

After fun filled weekend of work and socialization I made these bad guys for breakfast.....
    pumpkin pancakes.jpg

Pumpkin Pancakes. I didn't really follow a recipe, just checked a few out before hand. I used egg, pumpkin, small amount of almond meal, pumpkin pie spices, vanilla, and a little baking powder. I cooked them in a fry pan with coconut oil, and I chose to top my off with a little greek yogurt and maple syrup

Activity lately: I went rock climbing (bouldering) last night which felt really good, and i'm just about to head out the door for a walk/jog in the sunshine before class -Cheers K
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Those pancakes look awesome
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks namlesswonder it was fun to try!

Last night for dinner I made a vegetable stir fry using toasted sesame seed oil ( I was excited, never used this kind before) and it really does give it that special flavor. Of course their was chicken with it too, delicious. I did make jasmine rice to serve underneath ... but its all good
    I had a snack before bed -orange - pumpkin seeds

yesterdays movement:
    a.m walk/jog
    -- more walking to class
    p.m yoga

Today -- going out side soon for some morning sunshine walk/jog and will do some push ups burpees, kinesthetic moves when I return.

B - pumpkin pancakes
    L - Big spinach salad & canned tuna ... dark chocolate
    S - pumpkin seeds
    D - Left over stir fry on jasmine rice, pumpkin seeds, few slices of apple, string cheese

4o min walk/jog, threw a heavy rock around for a while, push ups, jumps
    did lots of walking at work
    Last edited by freedom.please; 11-19-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Todays post was a sure kick in the pants A Midweek Kick in the Pants | Mark's Daily Apple
    I wouldn't say I am a lurker, but I sure do have trouble sticking to it. Yesterday was a bad day for me, bad eating,, bad choices.
    On the bright side it is a new day... I have just ordered a SCOBY so I can make Kombucha, and I am very excited for this

Thinking I will take some hard boiled eggs to work for dinner since I'll be there from 1-8, one bad day does not mean it needs to be a bad week
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

I guess yesterday was a "could have been better" day.
    Didn't eat well, had spaghetti for dinner. This morning I feel bloated and just kinda down. One of the gals I work with has cancer, so we were talking about her and that made me feel sad, I don't really know how to handle situations like that. And then I was on the phone with my boyfriend, who I will say is mighty awesome, but were having trouble finding a time to get together next. Between the holidays, his job, and the distance, it makes things difficult.

In about a week and a half I find out where I student teach...I've been ignoring the fact that it is even going to happen because it makes me so nervous. Better if I don't think about it but I know inside it really does bother me.

I'm tired and I desire time to do all the things that make me happy and excited, I'm tired of having to be at this place at this time. It would be nice if I could choose more direction in my life rather than school. I guess sometimes it is actually a down side to have so many interests and joys in life... can't get to them all.

Food - I have no idea what will happen today, I think I feel icky enough to not eat processed junk but it hasn't stopped me before. Im hoping today is fresh, I'll certainly try

Movement' going to work this A.M always get some good walking in there, and then going to the rock climbing wall with my sis for the evening.... -Cheers
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Home for the holidays...
    I am back at my parents house for a few days, going to enjoy Thanksgiving before I have to go back to busy hours at work, and finishing up the semester. I've realized my family does and always has eaten really healthy and almost paleo... last night our dinner was steak, asparagus, and mashed potatoes. Breakfast was eggs benedict... we eat good food.
    I really just need to focus on not over indulging on those "treats" while I am home. Thats really when I get into trouble.

Friday I tested out the climb Iowa gym in Des Moines, and it was a blast. I am interested in becoming more knowledgeable and a more frequent visitor... such a awesome hobby! I definitely could use some strengthening of my fingers

Its hard to get outside moving it has been really cold and windy the past few days. I guess it doesn't hurt to take a few day rest, maybe tomorrow I can get out for a good jog and the the endorphins moving.
    Not exciting or much else to say

Am I moving towards my goal? well I was-- I ate clean for a couple weeks, was getting plenty of exercise, and felt good. But this last week I had several bad days and struggling to get back. Before my bad days I was weighing 122 22% BF so down a little, but I'm sure I'm back where I started because the pants are feeling a little tighter-- always happens sigh.. thats all --over & out --
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Good day - Good sunshine
    a.m. 3 mile jog

food
    B - homemade almond flour biscuit toasted
    s - apple
    L - Meat pie my dad made (crust was not primal but the rest was great!)
    D- yet to come but I plan on making crawfish etouffee, My family will eat it over rice but I will probably have it on asparagus

Getting a hair cut this afternoon, always feels good and relaxing. Then I think I will go for another walk or do some cleaning around my parents house for some slow movement. Hope the good feelings stay through the rest of the week!
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

-Back to the Chat-
    Been away from MDA for a while, looking back at my pumpkin pancakes trying to figure out why I stopped!

Student Teaching has been a huge adjustment, switching from being the student to being the teacher, giving up my old routine and schedule, not knowing where I will be located teaching when I graduate (especially if i'll be close to my honey or not). It has been fun, and a journey for sure, but it is a lot of change at once.

I am excited to get back to my feel good food ways - This morning does NOT count as I ate left over chinese take out- oops

Reinventing myself in the next 3 weeks!
    1. Begin running again (3x week) weights 1-2 x
    2. Eating less - keeping carbs under 100g daily
    3. Watch out for emotional eating
    4. Do something that makes ME happy everyday (run, art, dance, music, outdoors, play)
    5. Tracking my progress - helps me see my success! - stats still haven't changed

I have always enjoyed ~real~ foods so thats no biggie, its just making sure I take time to plan ahead good meals which has been difficult lately as I adjust to student teaching. Also I've had had trouble with emotional eating be it anxiety or tiredness that has frequently trashed my goals.

Any one have good suggestions for getting back into the groove, all support is welcome
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234