Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senior year... Just sayin' page 3

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've never done the challenge, persay, but I've done a few Whole30s (strict paleo) and strict primal months here and there. If you are binging, I'm guessing you aren't eating enough or maybe not eating enough of something in particular. That seems to be a common factor for women who binge: not enough protein/food.

Primal pumpkin pie is easy. Mark has one in his blog. I made one last year and will do so again, but not sure I'm going to make the nut crust again (it was too salty).

A lot of people around here will sometimes do a strict Primal thing (Whole-however-many-days) between the holidays to avoid too much indulgence. For me, I just take it a day at a time. When I get a few good days in a row, I take it a week at a time, then a few weeks etc. There's no harm in doing a short-term focus, taking a break for holiday fun, and then getting back on track!

I feel you on being busy though, that is usually my downfall. I get busy, I don't prep, I don't eat, and then I eat junk!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good, I think I am going to try and get a few good primal days under my belt and then start MY 21 day challenge. I'm excited to do it and thought about it a lot today, but I don't want to jump in to fast and crash. I'm going to practice the Slow life down part, get back in gear from this last weekend, go to the grocery store, and then start my own little challenge.

Oh the primal pumpkin pie is sounding good... namelesswonder what do you plan to use for a crust then? Or are you simply going to omit the salt in the recipe?

Went to yoga tonight and feeling relaxed, ready for a good night of sleep
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

I think I'll just make it like a custard kind of thing, without a crust, or I'll buy a pre-made gluten-free crust

DeltaCypher0 is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure youre not calculating body mass index? 123lbs and 23%bf doesnt seem right to me.

Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

hmm DemtaCypher0 - why do you say this does not sound right? I am pretty sure this is my BF% I have also seen it on my parents scale...

Today I took some before pictures, I'm posting for me.. I am not starting my challenge today, but its always nice to see a visual change.
    Photo on 2013-11-12 at 07.34 #2.jpgPhoto on 2013-11-12 at 07.36 #3.jpgPhoto on 2013-11-11 at 12.03.jpg

So far today I have had cabbage soup and a grapefruit for food. Sunshine is out and I will probably go for a walk before work.
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Your bf% is similar to mine. I think at your height, that's about accurate. Very healthy! Though not what athletic types generally like

Haha, no, it is not generally what athletic types like. Its the thighs... I'm not use to my wide thighs. Just a couple years ago, I was really into running and had a body fat% around 15-16% I often feel like I should still be in that body though I am most definitely not. At the same time, when I was running I don't think I had as much muscle as I do now... I would just be more comfortable with myself if I was a little more lean, no need to be 15% BF again though.

I had a decent day of eating, lots of vegetables, and more fruit than normal. I didn't get any specific work out in today, I took the morning as some slow me time. At work, I did carry kitchen aid mixers down the steps to the basement and did a fair amount of walking.

I was thinking today, I wonder if people celebrate Christmas if they do not believe in God particularly in the U.S. I feel like there are many people who still celebrate it and I wonder what their traditions revolve around... I've gotten a good impression that my boyfriend does not believe in God persay, but I know he still celebrates christmas... just pondering.
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Yeah, Christmas is kind of the "default" holiday in my experiences, though most atheists I've encountered grew up with religious parents. My generalization is that it's not really about religion anymore. I will continue to celebrate Christmas even though I'm not Christian (but that's how I was raised).

Starting to feel a little better and balanced out today with my energy level. I do feel a little bloated though from eating a lot of vegetables. I need to go to the store tomorrow, and then might start my challenge either tomorrow or Friday.

list for the store:
    -eggs, -chicken, -salmon,
    -almonds, - avacado, -dark chocolate? - sweet potato
    I am pretty well stocked up on things like coconut oil, vegetables, garlic, onions, spices ....

Oh yeah! I would really like to make coconut shrimp again soon... but I might wait for this round and get salmon... oh man I am getting excited to cook

Tonight I made a vegetable stir fry for dinner which was pretty good and then had canned tuna for some protein, just what I had around but I am feeling super sleepy and ready for bed, didn't get out of class until 8:45 tonight & I am pooped!
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I Changed My Mind

So yes, I changed my mind, and I think its just fine... I think this kinda rhymed. I layed in bed last night after writing my little list of things i'll get from the store, and I realized I don't necessarily need a 'challenge' to eat healthy and feel healthy. I think and this time it is best for me to eat primally to the best of my ability. When I put in the factor of it being a challange that means to me that I could Fail and I'm not really in the mood for this right now.

I also was thinking maybe I should say I am going 'Food Shopping' rather that to the grocery store or 'grocery shopping' hehehe... Food shopping means real food to me, grocery shopping means all sorts of products like bread and candies too
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast