Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senior year... Just sayin' page 2

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Greetings FP. Where is the move slow and lift heavy workouts? All the cardio just stresses your body, the insufficient food stresses your body, your worrying about loosing that last 10lbs stresses your body. All that stress is just upping cortisol and that stores fat. (Put very simply)
    Good luck.
    Awesome! I love your comments Warmbear
    1. I realize I have not been very descriptive with my posts
    2. Last week was not my best paleo performance

For slow movement, I walk to class, and some times take a longer route on purpose. I would estimate I get 4-5 miles just walking to class. On mondays I do yoga, and on days I work I am standing either 5 or 8 hours, walking up and down steps and moving my arms to clean and unpack inventory. I also like to randomly dance around my apartment hehe
    I love cardio, I enjoy running, and biking, but I don't think it is excessive, at least not compared to what I once did.

As for heavy lifting I didn't get this in last week, I do some of the weight machines but I haven't really figured out how to use the big boy weights yet. I enjoy doing calisthenics

Also, I think I am starting to get enough fat, and I do feel I get enough calories. I tend to eat large portions, so when I say I had a piece of pot roast I mean it! I had olive oil and bacon in my salad to add fat for that meal. Today my breakfast consisted of eggs benedict (I was gulty of having corn bread too). For lunch I a big juicy fatty hamburger with no bun and some acorn squash

I know I can do better... lets see how I do this week Thanks again for your suggestions warmbear, I will take them into consideration and check out the pod cast and everyday paleo you suggested!
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

I checked out Own It | Everyday Paleo ... this is so good, I really enjoyed reading this
    My body has changed a lot over the past year, I feel like my hips are a lot wider, especially compared to my freshman year in college. Im having a hard time getting use to the changes, I'm just now starting to understand it is ok and just the way my body is, but it does feel a little funny

Movement:
    A.M - ran to gym (1 mile) Used 4 arm weight machines, burpees, lunges, jumps, and 5 min. on row machine. walked back (1 mile)
    walked to class and back ~2 miles total
    P.M - 50 min Yoga class

Food-
    B/L- Left over pot roast with gravy & cottage cheese
    S - yogurt & apple
    S - carrots
    D - 2 eggs, spinach salad, apple
    I probably could have had more food today, but I am feeling pretty content

Any one out their have tips for keeping the spark to a long distance relationship!? By boyfriend lives 8 hours away, and were making it work, but some times its hard to keep the playfulness between us
    -- I cleaned my closet today while listening to some good jazz music, man do I feel productive
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Feeling a little bingey today....
    anxiety is kicking in, I was able to not binge earlier because I recognized my stress and anxiety was coming from one of my school projects, I have to teach a lesson tomorrow and it really bothers me to stand teaching in front of my peers. I'm not hungry, I had a big piece of fatty pot roast again and a pear for breakfast, simply because I have not been to the store this week, but I plan on going after work. When I take in a deep breath I can tell mu tummy is not hungry, but my head is craving that sugary high... I am also craving a diet soda.
    Good thing I have to go to work this afternoon to keep me occupied or it would be a long ugly day. I'm also feeling fat today, I stood on the scale( yes I know) and My weight is a little higher and my body fat % was a little higher. Maybe it is physiological from having weighed my self but I feel fat today, I look in the mirror and see it.

This morning (before I had breakfast) I went for an hour stroll around a pond, it was beautiful. I felt in the moment and felt really peaceful at that time
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Don't trust those body fat readings. The only way to get an accurate count is one of those Body Pod things and the most accessible & accurate way is calipers. The scale has no way of knowing what your body fat % is.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yesterday was ugly, no sense in tracking much of anything.
    Good news my boyfriend will be making the long drive to visit this weekend, he always keeps me level headed. Its homecoming as well, and some times social weekends can become exhausting, and I get a little pesky by the end so hopefully we can take it easy and enjoy the time.

My period is a week or so late, which is common for me, but I have had very mild cramps all week thinking it would start but it hasn't yet...

More interesting stuff on L-Glutamine, I read a piece about sugar cravings it said the amino acid is good for reducing sugar cravings. Funny thing is I noticed last week I had no urge for sugar, and when I did have something sweet it wasn't all that exciting for me... fatty foods just sounded better. AND I just so happened to take that supplement that had L-Glutamine in it, interesting. Maybe I should continue taking it, I had not taken it for a couple days when I had my bad day yesterday (I mean I even ate a pop tart c'mon)

TODAY
    I am going to drink lots of water, eat primal if I feel hungry, and start taking the amino acid supplement again
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Had an amazing time this weekend, homecoming, boyfriend visited, good company, good times. Was it a primal weekend, No... but it was a healthy stress relieving weekend. Time to kick it back into gear of clean eating, I'm excited and craving a salad, I LOVE salads, always have.

Game plan for the week, clean eating, considering keeping oatmeal though. Some kind of movement everyday, weather it is a special walk just for me, some lifting, or bike riding. Monday I will jog for sure, and I plan to do some heavy weights on Tuesday. Also my goal is to get lots of out door time and sunshine.

Thats really about it, I can't track the weekend between tailgating and sitting around watching football but I can look into this next week and make it a great one
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Feeling bloated as ever this morning, was planning on breakfast but for now a cup of tea will do. Still trying to decide if I want to keep oatmeal in the diet, I figure if its 35g carbs and made with out all the funny stuff in those prepackaged ones, and use honey as the sweetener, 35g/100g carbs still leaves me with a good chunk for the rest of the day...

Will continue tracking through out the day...

Food
    B- overnight steal cut oats made in almond milk, honey, berries, & greek yogurt
    Last edited by freedom.please; 11-11-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I would worry less about the amount of carbs in oatmeal and more about how it makes you feel. Have you ever cut it out for any significant portion of time (say, 30 days)?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I would worry less about the amount of carbs in oatmeal and more about how it makes you feel. Have you ever cut it out for any significant portion of time (say, 30 days)?
    It wouldn't hurt, I know bread makes me feel poorly (as experienced this weekend). I guess I'm trying to avoid becoming obsessive over the diet and oatmeal seemed to be something I could eat. You know, I have never actually done the 21 day challenge, and I'm not really sure I know how, I always end up in a binge after a week. I'd really like to but my brain can't seem to stick with it. If I wanted to start now it would include Thanksgiving, this could get difficult but still doable considering turkey, sweet potatos, salads... just have to make a primal pumpkin pie.

Have you done the 21 day challenge? When I get busy I make excuses and don't eat what I preach I guess.
    lol it almost scares me to try it again, If I start tomorrow would it be silly with Thanksgiving vacation ahead? I need to figure out how to make it the lifestyle instead of a diet.
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    When I go to thanksgiving, I sometimes eat the meat. All of it. Seconds and thirds of turkey and more turkey. But many Thanksgiving foods are perfectly Primal! I just don't want to waste stomach space that could have held meat.... So eat whatever you want. You can even just put the bad food on your plate and leave it there for the trash, people seem to like that. I find it awful, but that's the hungry poor kid talking,

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast