Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Big Muscles passÚ ? page 8

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    PERHAPS: Women think that bulky men spend too much time in the gym are not working -> less money, little brain, maybe steroids, trying to compensate lack of....whatever?!
    Looking lean and healthy with a good amount of muscles seems to be more attractive because that shows: clean eating, healthy amount of training and not too much time at the gym?!
    Just guessing
    I think a well-rounded man is nice. He can't look like he does only one thing and nothing else. In the end, though, I always go for an ordinary-looking man who is just plain nice.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    So you even consider the guys I've just posted too big ?
    Actually, I don't. Those pictures are kind of unique among a lot of them in that the guy actually has really nice legs. You rarely see that.

But in real life, I would end up with a guy who took me out to nice restaurants now and then, held the door open for me, fixed the plumbing and my car, cleaned up the bird room, did the dishes, said nice things to me, wanted to go on adventures with me and if I'm lucky, have a good beard.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think a well-rounded man is nice. He can't look like he does only one thing and nothing else. In the end, though, I always go for an ordinary-looking man who is just plain nice.

Actually, I don't. Those pictures are kind of unique among a lot of them in that the guy actually has really nice legs. You rarely see that.

But in real life, I would end up with a guy who took me out to nice restaurants now and then, held the door open for me, fixed the plumbing and my car, cleaned up the bird room, did the dishes, said nice things to me, wanted to go on adventures with me and if I'm lucky, have a good beard.
    Hahahaha....I hear ya.

Sad reality is though that we often begin the selection process based solely on looks. I once asked my wife if she'd have started going out with me if I had never worked out and she said no ! If I asked her now what my best attributes are she would likely say my sense of humor( although she does compliment my cooking)but had it not been for that initial attraction she would never have got to know me.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I have the same rule for pet dog size that I have for girlfriend size:

We should be able to wrestle without me being worried about accidentally killing them. But they shouldn't be able to win.
    If only I had room in my sig......
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    I think it depends on how old the woman is and a lot of personal preference. I remember my first celebrity crush was in middle school, and it was Orlando Bloom from LotR. Yup. I admit it. I think a lot of young girls are attracted to the more androgynous looking men at first. Tastes change, now if I go back to LotR I much prefer the other leading men, they actually *look* male.

I will admit that the super crazy bodybuilding look is not my thing, but I do like a well developed body. On the other hand my roommate is engaged and we were talking about guys the other day. She asked what I like and I just found a picture of Rich Froning, she took one look and said, "eh, I don't really go for that." me-"You don't go for super fit and hot?" her-"you haven't seen a picture of my fiancÚ have you?" me-"nope" she pulls him up. He is a very large guy, I mean really big. Hey, if that's what you like then fine but I don't see the appeal at all.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Hahahaha....I hear ya.

Sad reality is though that we often begin the selection process based solely on looks. I once asked my wife if she'd have started going out with me if I had never worked out and she said no ! If I asked her now what my best attributes are she would likely say my sense of humor( although she does compliment my cooking)but had it not been for that initial attraction she would never have got to know me.
    My first impression of the guy I'm with is that he was a cranky old man and no fun at all. My second impression was that he smiled a lot and seemed happy. I never once gave a thought to what he looked like. His looks never had anything to do with it. Lots of guys over the years have been attractive to me and I couldn't tell you why. I swear one of them was possibly partially deformed or something and I know one of them for sure was an actual dwarf. The rest of them have been assorted computer nerds, geezers and maybe one guy who was both nice and muscular. I guess with me looks isn't where it starts. These guys you all post are just eye-candy to me. I'd never actually date one of them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Are Big Muscles passÚ ?

Looks don't have much to do with it other than a height requirement because I am tall. Intelligence is the single most important factor for me. Morals are a close second. I have dumped guys for lacking in either. I would also like the guy not to be a deadbeat but that is because then he wouldn't understand why I am always doing work. Laziness pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-29-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    If only I had room in my sig......
    Dont you even think about deleting mine

i havent recovered from the last time
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    As for the OP I never wanted to be Conan. I always competed (from 1st grade) as a wrestler. As such I was always far more interest in being very strong and remaining the same weight.... so my hero's were guys like John Smith the master of the low leg single. Oh, we would hit the weight room just as hard as any roided out freak, but we wouldn't slam milk shakes and bananas afterward. It was 100% strength training and recomp. I got introduced to a program of doing 3 sets of 6 at a young age by an article in USA Wrestling magazine..... at the 125lb weight class I ended my senior year 33-1 in much part due to all the work in the weight room.... able to bench twice my weight and my pull work was sick... I'd even learned to do some leg work by then ....still didn't know how to deadlift at that point unfortunately. Guess my point is that size isn't always the goal for the weight room. I have weighed up to 175lbs and well muscled, but I felt bloated and slow. At 160 I feel more able to control my own body and move with better speed and agility. But, yeah I've spent most my life at under 150lbs so that could just be my comfort zone rather than reality.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-29-2013 at 04:20 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Dont you even think about deleting mine

i havent recovered from the last time
    Made it.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Those are actually some damn high standards...... lost me at plumbing and clean up the bird room..... the rest I do accomplish. Course I can call a plumber and hire a maid for the bird room .

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast