Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Big Muscles passť ? page 6

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    So you even consider the guys I've just posted too big ?
    Labrada, no.

Veiny forearms, no.

The others you posted are a bit too muscly for me, but only a little bit too muscly. Maybe if they weren't flexing or actually competition-ready...

One of my Crossfit coaches was on the team that won the Crossfit Games this year and last. He is definitely jacked, but in a more natural, useful looking way.

My ideal strong guy would look a lot like any of the top 20 Crossfit Games guys.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I have found that women do not, and never DID, like the super huge look....by this I mean like Arnold or the other mutants with either a strong mix of juicy-juice or outrageous amounts of time on their hands. As a guy that has, I would imagine, dated a lot, I have heard from a lot of women that size is kind of a "U-shaped curve" for a lot of them.

In other words, be big, but not TOO big. At a certain point you start to look like a gorilla, and lose the looping walk of athleticism. As one woman I dated once said, "I like a puma, not an orangutan"
    Rote SIZE is not very valuable outside of intimidating other men. For this reason a lot of women view it, rightly or wrongly, as a sign of cockiness and overcompensation....even though getting a LOT of definition, if not on the juicy, takes more work than just getting big, IMO.

I think that the size obsession itself, and the "you are as fit as your 1RM's" mentality that goes with it, is a little bubble that guys fool themselves into thinking matters.....there are few things in my life more satisfying than being across the rugby field with some overgrown hulk that thought his squat weight alone made him fitter than me, and watching me wear him into being an exhausted little girl by the end of the game.

Women like athleticism more than size. Nothing wrong with that.

And yes, today I am going to go lift 3 rep, 5 set, near max deadlift....and then swim an 800m. Need both
    As a woman, I agree...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Bieber is stupid and has questionable morals. That basically makes him invisible to me. (Basically the same with most hulky guys... I assume they live at the gym unless I am proven wrong).

In every day life I only notice a guy if he said something that was insightful/intriguing.

Then I am like... "And he is cute too! Tall! Hmmm..."

I don't think this is the norm though.
    Actually, most women would say they go for sense of humour over anything else.

Not me though, I'm superficial
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I'm somehow winning the big muscles thread, apparently! Athletic and muscley, but not too huge! Victory!

Sent via F -22 Raptor

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Of course if he has other things going for him I am okay with tons of muscle. Like if he was really good at dancing and really smart. From a purely physical perspective the guys you posted are more "male approved" than female approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Turq just out of curiosity can you post a picture of what body type you find the be the ideal? I don't think your opinion would be too far from the norm.

As a side note I think this is probably why men's physique is becoming more and more popular in body building competitions.

My "ideal" men's bod:

Although he might be a bit thin. I'm tired of feeling fatter than my partners
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Are Big Muscles passť ?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Turq just out of curiosity can you post a picture of what body type you find the be the ideal? I don't think your opinion would be too far from the norm.

As a side note I think this is probably why men's physique is becoming more and more popular in body building competitions.
    Google John Abraham.

That man is gorgeous.

Built, but not too much so. Also his face is pretty hot too.

Eta: his girlfriend Bipasha Basu is hot as hell too.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Turq just out of curiosity can you post a picture of what body type you find the be the ideal?.
    Or anyone else for that matter.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Are Big Muscles passť ?

Okay this is kind of a weird pic of him but this is John Abraham, my crush.

Amazing face too <3

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

This guy is better than the other one I posted - a little more body fat:

- Ray Peat

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast