Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Big Muscles passť ? page 4

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In our culture I think it's a sign of good health to look/be lean and strong. It's also a sort of fun hobby and a good way to get the ants out of our pants. The physical rush, the challenges, the numbers, changes and progress; it's all somewhat fulfilling in an otherwise dull sentence. I also find physical exertion keeps the crazy at bay a bit.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Justin Beiber isn't my cup if tea but he's not skinny. Has pecks, abs, defined arms....

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    You can attribute the rise of Orlando Bloom type actors to the pill. Ovulating women like masculine men to impregnate them with sexy babies. Non-ovulating women go for softer more nurturing looking guys who will be nice. Women's sexual interests across the ovulatory cycle depend on primary partner developmental instability
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

gergirl Guest
    PERHAPS: Women think that bulky men spend too much time in the gym are not working -> less money, little brain, maybe steroids, trying to compensate lack of....whatever?!
    Looking lean and healthy with a good amount of muscles seems to be more attractive because that shows: clean eating, healthy amount of training and not too much time at the gym?!
    Just guessing

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    Justin Beiber isn't my cup if tea but he's not skinny. Has pecks, abs, defined arms....
    Everyone has pecs and abs. You can see Justin Bieber's tiny little pectorals and abs and arm muscles because he's so damn skinny

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Everyone has pecs and abs. You can see Justin Bieber's tiny little pectorals and abs and arm muscles because he's so damn skinny
    Oh when everyone was saying skinny & I think someone mentioned geeks I picture "skinny fat" you know very skinny but flat, no muscles that can be seen etc.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I have found that women do not, and never DID, like the super huge look....by this I mean like Arnold or the other mutants with either a strong mix of juicy-juice or outrageous amounts of time on their hands. As a guy that has, I would imagine, dated a lot, I have heard from a lot of women that size is kind of a "U-shaped curve" for a lot of them.

In other words, be big, but not TOO big. At a certain point you start to look like a gorilla, and lose the looping walk of athleticism. As one woman I dated once said, "I like a puma, not an orangutan"

Rote SIZE is not very valuable outside of intimidating other men. For this reason a lot of women view it, rightly or wrongly, as a sign of cockiness and overcompensation....even though getting a LOT of definition, if not on the juicy, takes more work than just getting big, IMO.

I think that the size obsession itself, and the "you are as fit as your 1RM's" mentality that goes with it, is a little bubble that guys fool themselves into thinking matters.....there are few things in my life more satisfying than being across the rugby field with some overgrown hulk that thought his squat weight alone made him fitter than me, and watching me wear him into being an exhausted little girl by the end of the game.

Women like athleticism more than size. Nothing wrong with that.

And yes, today I am going to go lift 3 rep, 5 set, near max deadlift....and then swim an 800m. Need both
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Are Big Muscles passť ?

Bieber is stupid and has questionable morals. That basically makes him invisible to me. (Basically the same with most hulky guys... I assume they live at the gym unless I am proven wrong).

In every day life I only notice a guy if he said something that was insightful/intriguing.

Then I am like... "And he is cute too! Tall! Hmmm..."

I don't think this is the norm though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I agree with turquoise, and if he can competently chop wood, even better!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    If big muscles are passÍ try smaller muscles instead! Big is not always better:

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast