Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Big Muscles passť ? page 3

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, ick. I don't like the veins popping out look.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Personally I just want my forearms to look at least as good as Sylvester Stallones when I am above 60 years of age...
    Neck and forearms....the two body parts on display the most yet often neglected by many !

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Bring back the 50's, a time when the men and women who worked out all looked healthy and great !

I think we are in the 50's or at least some mutated version of it. America is just coming out of a war, the American economy is getting stronger and consumerism is at an all time high. People are dreaming of a more innocent time and getting back to the basics if takin care of themselves. And how do people show they have wealth health and time? They join a gym eat a healthy diet and get pumped up! Welcome to the 50's 2.0.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Oh, ick. I don't like the veins popping out look.
    OK Zanna, some other woman may disagree with you on that point:

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Neck and forearms....the two body parts on display the most yet often neglected by many !
    Indeed, and with some decent calves it is possible to look good in bermudas also...

Prime-Animal is offline Senior Member
    My take on this:

Training for muscular hypertrophy (Sarcoplasmic/ bodybuilding) is SUPER fun. Not to sound cocky either, but super easy. You just need time and motivation. And to look SICK is awesome, I've been into aesthetics for a few years. Being an athlete before a bodybuilder however, I do miss athleticism and health oriented goals.

Which is why I'm going back to that. I'll still pack on muscle (and besides looking good it will serve great FUNCTION). Being big is a really fun feeling. I'm a very peaceful guy, and it's nice to see a rowdy guy size you up and just settle down REAL QUICK when you give him the look.

Aside from that, I'd rather hit like a statue, then move and look like one. Even though training for aesthetics is one of the funnest types of training there is. Hopefully one day I can find a way to balance both!

Long live the PAAAAAMMPPP

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Are Big Muscles passť ?

I am obviously just speaking for myself and not other girls...

Why does it have to be in extremes? Arnold or Justin Bieber, really? I am not a big fan of either... But if I had to pick I would pick Arnold. I don't like boys; I like men.

What about somewhere in the middle between uber jacked hulk dude and slender pretty boy? I thought guys usually also prefer somewhere between super fat and super thin for girls as well.

I'd like the guy to be taller by a few good inches (room for heels) and **stronger/buffer than me.** Otherwise it is much more about other stuff.

*note: I am finally taking the weight room seriously this past year so "stronger than me" is constantly changing.

This might be because I am large-boned and athletic-built by nature so I don't want some dude I can snap in half...

Eta: veins popping out is gross & looks unhealthy to me.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-28-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Are Big Muscles passť ?

I think guys think big is good, bigger must be better. (In more than one respect).

While girls think thin is good, thinner must be better.

Both are not true after an extent.

Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-28-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    (I think guys think big is good, bigger must be better.

While girls think thin is good, thinner must be better.

Both are not true after an extent.)

I have the same rule for pet dog size that I have for girlfriend size:

We should be able to wrestle without me being worried about accidentally killing them. But they shouldn't be able to win.

Sent via F -22 Raptor

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not sure if you are calling women furry little b's but okay. :P

------

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast