Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey's Daily Journal page

Lindsey17 is offline Junior Member

Lindsey's Daily Journal

Primal Fuel
    This is my first time posting on MDA.... been lurking for awhile, mostly Paleo/Primal for about a year now.... I have seen so much success on the forums and figured it was time for me to share some successes and make myself a little more accountable. I started Crossfit in June and go to the regular gym as well, usually 4-5 days a week. I run a 5k 1-2 times per month, in the 26-29 minute range... I've lost 25 lbs in the past year and am now focusing on gaining muscle and strength.

Food 10/28:
    B- coffee (2 pumps caramel ), 2 eggs scrambled with a slice of ham, and 2 sausage links
    L- leftover bacon burger wrapped in lettuce, green beans
    D- probably going to be sirloin steak and a sweet potato with cinnamon
    Snacks- none planned so far

Exercise:
    Chest day at the gym, 30 minutes..
    -dumbbell incline press, flys, and 2 bodyweight pull ups (never have been able to do pull-ups until about 2 weeks ago!!)
    Plan on going back to the gym this afternoon for another quick session. No Crossfit today.

Thanks for reading! Suggestions and tips are ALWAYS appreciated
    Last edited by Lindsey17; 11-19-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Forgot I have organic strawberries in the fridge... plan to have those for a snack today

Didnt stick to my planned meals today... had leftover pizza for lunch with green beans, and homemade deer sausage with green beans and potatoes (yum!!!) i did have 3 gluten free cookies for dessert, but overall a good day! Wish I could have snuck in another workout but it was moms birthday. interview tomorrow, not sure what my meals will be. Fingers crossed i get the job!

woops... not a good track record of logging so far! the past couple days have been pretty primal. Last night I was invited to dinner at my dad's coworkers house.. I got spoiled with gluten free goodies like bagel chips, ciabatta rolls, and cookies. We had salad with balsamic vin. and spaghetti squash. I've been using up the rest of my deer sausage and having 2 eggs scrambled for breakfast in the morning. Only been to crossfit once this week so far, but I've been to the regular gym every day. Today was back day. 5 sets of 2-3 pull ups, woohoo! I love that I am finally able to get a pull up. Yesterday I was able to do unassisted dips for the first time. Love that I'm finally getting stronger!
    Be back later to log my food.

horrible day today. worked overtime and feel pretty rundown.
    food:
    b- 2 eggs scrambled, sausage, coffee
    l- chili (primal except it had kidney beans), sweet potato with cinnamon
    d- GF pepperoni pizza
    snacks- a few mini butterfingers and ice cream (too much halloween candy)

not a great day overall.. The pizzas are convenient. Didn't even want the butterfingers after the 3rd (maybe 4th) but I ate it anyways.. uh oh! better luck tomorrow.

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Keep at it! Everyone had their ups and downs. How do you plan on gaining muscle?

Another not so great day.. butterfingers are still in the house from halloween.
    meals weren't bad,
    b- 2 eggs, sausage, bacon, coffee
    l- nothing
    d- big bowl of chili with sweet potato and deer sausage, roasted potatoes
    snacks- 3 or 4 butterfingers, ice cream.

exercise,
    30 mins. leg work - front squats, leg curls and extensions, bicycle for 10 mins
    60 min body pump because my mom wanted me to do it with her

now at work to make some money!

got bored at work, had a serving of vanilla ice cream with a dollop of hot fudge. really hoping this is something i can get under wraps. usually have more self control... awfully frustrated with myself. if anyone has any similar experiences or pearls of wisdom i would love to hear them!
    Lindsey

good morning! I enjoyed my extra hour of sleep this morning. Hoping to make today a better day! I know that it is all willpower. January can not come soon enough, planning another whole30 to kick off the new year. I did a whole30 for the month of may and did great on it.. difference is that I did almost no exercise in May, and now I am very active. Would love to hear from others who have successfully done a whole30 while exercising.
    Breakfast today was coffee, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 slices bacon, and a slice of ham. Going sailing at noon so not sure what lunch is going to be yet. Usually pretty good at avoiding the chips and snacks everyone brings (never been a big potato chip person). I'm excited to get out on the water.. very head-clearing and relaxing.
    Thighs are pretty tight from yesterday's leg workout! Thinking of going for a quick run later depending on when I get home.

Here's to a new day!
    Lindsey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    not a bad day! my fingers have defrosted since a blustery sail..
    food today,
    b- 2 eggs scrambled, bacon, coffee, ham
    l- protein bar (think thin) 20 g protein
    d- smoked pork and turkey (about 3 oz each), roasted potatoes and asparagus in coconut oil
    also had a starbucks latte.

Lindsey
    Last edited by Lindsey17; 11-19-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast