Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey's Daily Journal page 3

Lindsey17 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    learned yesterday that ignorance really is bliss.. my beloved weekly spiced chai, no water, extra scoop, is 3x more calories than i presumed. ouch.. but im still maintaining my weight so I suppose i'm doing okay.
    lots of handstand work at crossfit today, 21-15-9 HS push ups and KB swings at 35 lbs. followed by bicep work and chin ups. still practicing those pull ups and working on getting more in a row. my calluses are feeling it today.
    food-
    b- coffee with half and half, eggs, chicken, kale, bacon
    l- leftover salmon (5 oz) and half a huge sweet potato, maybe a small scoop of rice pilaf (only because i dont want to waste it)
    d- bison steak, green beans

Lindsey

dinner turned out being grass fed ground beef with mashed sweet taters and broccoli. heavenly!
    Lindsey

scored an awesome cast iron dutch oven today at the antique shop.. just finished a new layer of seasoning and excited to find some good recipes for it
    exercise-
    busted my butt at xfit- burpees, squat/press, cleans, lunges, press, and rope climbs. additional triceps work at the gym plus 2 dead hang pull ups.
    food-
    b- egg, bacon, half of a GF muffin that needed to be eaten (cleaning out the freezer)
    l- grilled salmon, green beans, few bites of mashed potatoes
    d- sweet potato, chicken
    digging into ben & jerrys soon. got bad news today, a lady i was taking care of weekly has passed away today. she was like a grandmother to me.. very close..

lindsey

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    Im so sorry about your friend. I hope the ice cream helps

If you're interested, Britt has a great pot roast/dutch oven recipe on her journal.
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

Thank you Refontai.. a pot of stew is simmering on the stove now.. will have to check out Britt's recipe!

Exercise today was a few pull ups and back extensions. then off to school, and now I'm relaxing at home. stew is simmering on the stove.
    food-
    b- coffee
    l- coffee, sweet potato mash, chicken
    d- beef & bison stew
    so for the stew i got to break in my "new" dutch oven,
    12 oz bison, 4 ish oz beef, green beans, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, tomato, beef broth. YUM!

Almost halfway through night shift.. Good day so far. Workout this morning included squats (bodyweight PR!!), toes go bar, wall ball, rowing. Slept most of the day to get some rest before work, but still got up for meals.
    B- eggs, ham, bacon, coffee
    L- beef stew, sweet potato
    D- beef, broccoli, carrots
    Snack- protein powder + kefir

Here's to a quick shift.. Come on 7:30 am.

Lindsey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My days have been crazy lately... starting this new job is taking a toll on me but i do love the work. feels like i have a cold and had a horrible migraine this morning.

food today, eggs, bacon, sausage, chai w/ whole milk, beef stew, and another chai.
    no exercise today due to horrendous migraine.

have been eating a lot of white potatoes lately. dunno what thats about. also have been drinking a lot of kefir, but dairy doesnt seem to bother me and the probiotics are a good thing for me. i have a feeling im eating too many calories but im always hungry and really active at work (12 hr shifts in the Emergency Room that always seems to be at capacity). only trying to slim down a couple of pounds, but im not too concerned.

lindsey

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you're still around! Sucks about the migraine though, I used to get them a lot.

You probably need the extra carbs from the potatoes for all the running around at work you're doing. As long as you don't gain weight I'd say eat with abandon. Mmm mashed potatoes with sour cream.....
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Did a real handstand yesterday (off the wall) for about three seconds and then I got scared.. Haha got my ass handed to me at crossfit today. Clean and jerks plus burpees and an 800 m run followed by tricep work. Found Go Picnic boxes at the grocery store.. So convenient and yummy. Not paleo at all but generally good ingredients.
    Lindsey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast