Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! I'm Stuck!! page 2

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    - Use the city as your play area. I don't know what it's called but my cousin did this thing where he ran through the city, crossing buildings, steps, walls, everything that came across his paths. He really enjoyed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    And I think it's called "jumping" (not to be mistaken for the Dutch "Hakken" which is done on house-music. ) or something in Dutch. Not sure if it's international.
    Do you mean Parkour?

You're in LA, go to the beach! Build some mega sand castles, buy a boogie board and splash around. Play should be easy.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    Do you mean Parkour?
    Yeah, something like that... I think it was called free styling but I'm not sure...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

lmdavenport is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    Get yourself a yoga ball, they are great to sit on for work and in the meantime you are training your abs.
    Honestly I can't believe that living where you live you can't find anything to do outside. I believe the weather is always great there. but a few ideas:
    - get yourself some skeelers. I love skeelering when the weather is nice.
    - if possible adopt a dog or offer to walk the dog of a neighbor. You'll meet lots of people like that as well.
    - join yoga or pilates classes.
    - I play tennis regularly. I think being able to do that outside would be a great idea in LA and many clubs have people who are looking for tennis-partners.
    - I love hiking I could imagine doing that regularly if I lived in your area.
    - I love horse-riding, maybe it's something you can do as well.
    - Mountain biking.
    - I don't know if you live close to the sea but paddle-boarding, surfing etc. are great ideas. A friend of mine does kite-surfing.
    - do you have a garden? Gardening also counts as play but you can also build your own play-ground with all these balance-exercises.
    - Use the city as your play area. I don't know what it's called but my cousin did this thing where he ran through the city, crossing buildings, steps, walls, everything that came across his paths. He really enjoyed that.
    Marielle, I live in an apartment that doesn't allow pets My dog moved in with my parents 120 miles away. I don't have a garden, and the beach is a good 30-45 minutes away. I go hiking with my ex one-three times a week, but it's just not enough, I don't think. I would love to go horseback riding, I LOVE that, but it's a money issue with me right now. I DO have an exercise ball, so I will pull that out to sit on while I work.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    Aren't those Roller blades in English/American? Could be wrong, though...

And I think it's called "jumping" (not to be mistaken for the Dutch "Hakken" which is done on house-music. ) or something in Dutch. Not sure if it's international.
    Roller blades would be fun…. never thought of those!
    And to answer your other question, I'm a bookkeeper/financial analyst. Since I just started my business, I just don't have a lot of clients yet (like 3!) lol I've been in business maybe a year. I'm really struggling with advertising. None of my attempts are working.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    Do you mean Parkour?

You're in LA, go to the beach! Build some mega sand castles, buy a boogie board and splash around. Play should be easy.
    Parkour!!! That's what I always wanted to get into, but never knew the name!!!!

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    how big is your church? Mine here in Indiana ( Welcome to Traders Point Christian Church I recommend listening to the sermons via iTunes as the staff rocks ) has adult sports leagues. Mayhap you can find another church in your area that has adult sports leagues if yours doesn't have one or doesn't have one that fits your schedule.

Aside from that, other people have already had some good ideas.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Cavewizard is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmdavenport View Post
    the beach is a good 30-45 minutes away.
    You say this like it keeps you from going? I'd be at the beach every day if it was just 45 minutes away.
    Starting DL: 135 Now: 380
    Starting Bench: 115 Now: 255
    Goal: Get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    how big is your church? Mine here in Indiana ( Welcome to Traders Point Christian Church I recommend listening to the sermons via iTunes as the staff rocks ) has adult sports leagues. Mayhap you can find another church in your area that has adult sports leagues if yours doesn't have one or doesn't have one that fits your schedule.

Aside from that, other people have already had some good ideas.
    My church is very small - I think we had maybe 20 last night, and our weekend attendance is about 35. We have very little extra-curricular activities. A few of us tried hiking in the spring, but…. they all petered out, so we haven't been since then.

I do belong to a networking group too, but we're not really social, and dare I say it… they're older and not used to movement lol I hesitate to ask, but we DO have a wellness coach, so maybe we can organize something unofficially…. I'll see.

I'm really getting in to this parkour / free running thing. Today on my drive to my hike, I was looking at my neighborhood and looking for low walls & fences to climb/jump. My friend that I went hiking with said he used to do free running about 10-12 years ago and would coach me some.
    When I got to the trail, I was looking at the different things alongside the trail. He didn't point a single one out. But I was looking for what I could climb/jump. When we crossed a creek at one point, he took the rock path - I climbed onto the log that spanned the creek and walked along that. When we got to our normal turn-around spot, I climbed a tree…. without falling out! lol now granted, it wasn't high, and I didn't go far, but I was balancing, and above my comfort zone. I climbed into it rather than jumped into it, but… baby steps!
    As we were getting back to the trailhead, he said 'I thought you were going to run & climb things today'. Smh. I thought he was going to coach me! lol Oh well. We'll see how things go. I leave to go to my parents house and handle clients there tomorrow. I'm going to take my dog for a walk and see what I can do to run & jump & play while I'm there.

sra1984 is offline Member
    Something else to consider is if there are fun kick boxing type classes or zumba or something like that that you would enjoy. It would be a good way to meet other people and there's bound to be something in your time slots that are available. My friend goes to a church that provides those activities- maybe your church does too? Just thoughts...
    Stephanie
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by sra1984 View Post
    Something else to consider is if there are fun kick boxing type classes or zumba or something like that that you would enjoy. It would be a good way to meet other people and there's bound to be something in your time slots that are available. My friend goes to a church that provides those activities- maybe your church does too? Just thoughts...
    My church does not, but I LOVE kickboxing! I'll look to see what my gym offers for kickboxing!

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmdavenport View Post
    And don't forget, I DO have a gym membership. I just… haven't been. lol
    Drop the membership if you don't use it. It doesn't make financial sense.

Try meetup.com. Look for paleo/primal, hiking, and exercising groups. Sounds like you just need motivation. It would be great way to meet people and get motivated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast