Thread: Is Burping after Meals a Problem? page

Wildrose is offline Senior Member

Is Burping after Meals a Problem?

Shop Now
    I'm just wondering if I'm abnormal or not.

I burp after meals all the time. I think I belch more after a fatty meal, but I'm not entirely certain about that. Today I drank half a cup of coffee, black, and felt the need to burp quite a lot. XD This isn't painful at all, to the contrary it honestly feels sort of good. Is that weird? Should I worry about this? There's no stomach upset or pain. Is anyone else like this? Thanks!

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    It's usually swallowed air or gas, no real significance. Inhaling while you sip, or drinking carbonated/fermented things will do it.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    It's usually swallowed air or gas, no real significance. Inhaling while you sip, or drinking carbonated/fermented things will do it.
    Hmm, maybe I'm eating too fast. In fact, that's rather likely. I'll try to slow it down a bit.

SalubriousU is offline Senior Member
    Eating more slowly and fully chewing your food will also improve digestion and help you to more accurately gauge your appetite.
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

trap_line is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SalubriousU View Post
    Eating more slowly and fully chewing your food will also improve digestion and help you to more accurately gauge your appetite.

What is the advantage to gauging your appetite? I eat rather fast and have ever since I was a teen and worked out to get bulk... Regretting those years... What should I learn about myself if I start eating slower?
    Since going Primal I thought eating as much animal fat as I could was a good thing.

It's more to help with eating to satiety instead of past it. When you eat very quickly, you can eat more food than you actually want/need. When you eat slowly, it's easier to recognize your body's satiety signaling and you can eat to appetite without blasting right through it.
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Quote Originally Posted by trap_line View Post
    Since going Primal I thought eating as much animal fat as I could was a good thing.
    I'm not sure where you heard that. The point isn't to eat as much as you possibly can, whether that's animal fat or otherwise. The point is to eat enough food to satisfy hunger and nourish your body with the nutrients it needs.
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU