Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries/Plantar fasciitis page

DaveGay is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Injuries/Plantar fasciitis

Shop Now
    Anyone have and home remedies for Plantar fasciitis? Right now I'm icing, attempting to stay off and stretching foot/calf w/ tennis ball and heel calf stretching exercises. Someone please tell me it will eventually heal : (

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    PT & custom orthodics ($400)
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what to tell ya, foot problems here too, it's a bitch.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    I think barefoot Ted would have something to say about orthotics. The only time I had trouble with plantar fasciitis was when I had been wearing fancy running shoes with orthotics for too long. Since I have been going barefoot again and doing calf lifts on toes I have not had any problems. The theory is that our fancy running shoes are like girdles to our feet. If you where one of those too long the muscles in your torso get too weak to hold you up. The same is true for feet. The shoe industry has gotten so good at supporting our feet that all the muscle tone is gone. Send a note to barefoot Ted. You can find his website on the internet.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    just until the pain goes away. Personally Im wearing Nike free's & vibram five fingers. However I have 2 relatives that orthodics got rid of the pain.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

I ripped my arch in my sophomore year of high school. tried doing the barefoot thing before. all it does is rip again (not as severe, but you get that feeling like your foot is about to tear in half). I haven't really been able to figure out how to fix it. I do have orthotics that I use occasionally, but not near as much as I use to. and the flat foot has offset my left ankle and left hip.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

DaveGay is offline Junior Member
    Are you able to run now?

I can run, but only in supportive tennis shoes with my orthotics. I also had to take a 1 year break after ripping my arch from running or anything that might pull it again

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the torn arch. That sounds painful. I am surprised I have had not problems switching back to no support shoes because I am heavy and have small feet. You would think the pressure would be too much but so far, so good. It sure makes you feel like a kid again and at 58 that ain't easy. When I was 18 I hitchhiked to Niagra Falls from Madison Wisconsin in bare feet. Lot of highway walking. ;-)

periquin is offline Senior Member
    You mentioned stretching. Is it where you put a strap under the ball of your foot and pull back. Another thing that works sometimes is for someone to start a foot massage--sort of like shiatsu--an then give your big toe a good, strong jerk. You can often hear the snap, but it feels good.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast