Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitamins-the worst way of getting nutrition page

brookcorbyn is offline Junior Member

Vitamins-the worst way of getting nutrition

Shop Now
    I see a lot of posts of people who take vitamins and dietary supplements.
    The point of the paleo diet is to mimic the diet of our ancestors. I don't think the early man had a bottle of vitamins just laying around.
    About 99% of vitamins and supplements on the market are made in a lab. They are all synthetic vitamins that our body cannot absorb. The early man had no problem with getting all the nutrients needed to sustain a healthy lifestyle.

There are however natural organic vitamins on the market. But if you are following a paleo lifestyle then you should not need any supplements.

eats.meats.west is online now Senior Member
    Except that our environment is so drastically changed that the foods people generally eat lack the nutrients that used to be in the soil. If veggies are grown with man made fertilizer than all those good things that made the veggies a powerhouse of nutrition are gone. Same goes for animal products, obviously that is why we try to eat GF beef and pastured pork and other animals.

I'm not advocating synthetic vitamins but you are not giving the whole story. Early man didn't have 99.9% of what we have, sometimes using updated components of life are good. Grok one went after a wild animal with his bare hands, Grok two used a club - did Grok one say that the kill was no good because you upgraded to a new idea? Man evolves, hopefully in a good way.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you mean all this time i've been buying powdered nutrients pressed into ovals and sold in plastic bottles and it isn't ancestral?!

yeah, no, vitamins aren't natural. but neither are the foods we eat. the animals are fatter, the ground is stripped, monocrops are the norm, the apple you ate yesterday was most likely stored in a warehouse for a year, the carton of OJ you bought is flavored with tang and thanks to modern technology we no longer have to be cold in the winter or hot in the summer
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookcorbyn View Post
    The point of the paleo diet is to mimic the diet of our ancestors. I don't think the early man had a bottle of vitamins just laying around.
    About 99% of vitamins and supplements on the market are made in a lab. They are all synthetic vitamins that our body cannot absorb. The early man had no problem with getting all the nutrients needed to sustain a healthy lifestyle.

There are however natural organic vitamins on the market. But if you are following a paleo lifestyle then you should not need any supplements.
    /facepalm
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    If you are following a paleo lifestyle then you should not need any supplements.
    Hmm. I guess my gut that chronically malabsorbs a number of nutrients didn't get the memo.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member

Yeah? Well, paleolithic man got most of their magnesium in drinking water. How do you suggest we replicate that, exactly?

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Dang, I thought dead soil drowned in round-up would be able to grow perfectly nutritious plants! Lol.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    I live in the UK and to get enough vitamin D I would have to go on holiday for a week out of every month from October to May. I supplement Mg as there's no realistic way to get enough. Iodine comes in drops as I haven't found a reliable, constant source that isn't possibly contaminated from where mankind has poisoned the environment. I also take vitamin C tablets as I don't want to consume loads of fructose that comes with it in modern fruits. Where possible I get minerals from food but like others have said we are sharing this planet with 7000 million people a few of whom are happy to f*ck it up for everyone on their way to their next million dollars.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    The point of the paleo diet is to mimic the diet of our ancestors.
    Mimic is not the same as duplicate. We just can't eat exactly the same unless we own land, plant the correct things to eat and put game on it to forage there too and then kill. We can get close but I am happy taking the supplements recommended in Perfect Health Diet to be on the safe side.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    We'd also have to Jurassically Parkically resurrect a crap-ton of extinct plants and animals.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast