Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Joining Planet Fitness ... page

trekfan is offline Senior Member

Thinking of Joining Planet Fitness ...

Primal Fuel
    And I have no idea what to do at a gym. There are treadmills and other things I'm sure, but my question is what DO you do there besides that? What's the best Primal/functional exercises to do there?

As always, any and all comments are welcome. Thanks in advance folks.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    There has to be another gym in your area...right?

Sonoran hotdog is offline Senior Member
    The most important thing is to get started. Don't hyperventilate about finding the perfect gym if you are a newbie. Pick one close to your home or on your way to work where you can use it regularly. Once you discover what works for you, you can always switch gyms.

PF is inexpensive and goes out of their way to not be intimidating. I don't go there because I grunt too much when I squat, but I know other people who go there and they are happy with it.

Some people don't like PF because they have a strategy of undercutting other small gyms and driving them out of business. Your choice whether that is important to you or not.

Pick one and go!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You mean a gym, period.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Forget the gym, look into body weight exercises. Either convict conditioning or you are your own gym. IMO theres are way more primal (and functional) than clanging and banging 4 sets of biceps curls till failure BRAH!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    And I have no idea what to do at a gym. There are treadmills and other things I'm sure, but my question is what DO you do there besides that? What's the best Primal/functional exercises to do there?

As always, any and all comments are welcome. Thanks in advance folks.
    Weight room. All you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    I'm go to my local PF. It's the least expensive gym by at least 20 bucks a month where I am.

The equipment is all in good shape and well maintained. That was a problem at my last gym. I had 3 treadmills break while I was on them.

If you are looking to be a body builder/ power lifter that's not the place, they don't have the right stuff for it really.

I do alot of cardio stuff. More than I should probably, 3 hours today of treadmills and ellipticals.

You're not going to be dead lifting unless you do it in the smith machine. And no cleans or anything unless you use dumbbells. I'm not sure that works well.
    It works for me there. Take a good walk through, they'll give you a tour, go when it's busy you can see what others are doing. The best part is at the end you get a tootsie roll and a pen.

The other big motivational reason to go there is yoga pants.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyB View Post
    Forget the gym, look into body weight exercises. Either convict conditioning or you are your own gym. IMO theres are way more primal (and functional) than clanging and banging 4 sets of biceps curls till failure BRAH!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Progressive resistance training using free weights or machines is far more efficient and effective.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have belonged to PF for two years, since before I knew about Primal. At first, I mostly used the treadmill. I graduated to the elliptical for short times (ten minutes). I started doing elliptical with my hands on top of my head because it forces me to balance myself. I hardly go there anymore except to work on assisted pullups once or twice per week. Now that the weather is nice, the majority of my exercise is walking trails. I keep the membership because it is inexpensive and there is a weight area which I might graduate to someday.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast