Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meat making me sick page

hermanda is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Meat making me sick

Hi there everyone,
    I need some advice here. I'm having weird lurches in my hunger (not hungry then all of a sudden starving,) loose stool, and am sick at the thought of meat, eggs, dairy, avocado. It's also the first day i feel tired. I made 2 batches of coconut and almond flour pancakes (with eggs, coconut milk friend in coconut oil with some raspberries,) and then had an egg white protein smoothie with coconut milk, spinach, kale, and a little bit of blueberries. I had been eating lots and lots of turkey, lox, walnuts, avocados and a bit of red meat but the thought of eating them...blech! I also had 1/2 apple today. i can't seem to keep the carbs under 50 (or even 100g the other day) and am trying to loose fat asap. I know fewer fruit but my body seems to just want a kombucha right about now. Sigh. Any thoughts?
    Thanks guys:-)

I should also mention that though my stool is really soft, I'm constipated (I know too much info but help!)

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I'm just guessing, but perhaps eating more vegetables would help? Eat half a cabbage and some carrots... radishes whatever..

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I would feel sick if I ate almond meal pancakes. Heating nuts creates toxic fats. Yikes!
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    If you're not taking them I would start on probiotics. If you want to take a break from meat and fat for a bit and give your body some down time I would make a big batch of vegetable soup with chicken broth. Any vegetables you like. I second ditching the coconut flour/almond meal mixture.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    How different is this from how you used to eat? What new foods have you started eating?

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I would feel sick if I ate almond meal pancakes. Heating nuts creates toxic fats. Yikes!
    did not know this...do they oxidize like PUFAs or does it have a bad omega ratio thingy?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Plant-based PUFAs linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid are extremely susceptible to heat. It's the same fats in almonds as in vegetable oils and when you cook those they become even more toxic. Granted the almond is somewhat protective but we're talking about baking or cooking with it at high heat. Roasting them definitely oxidizes some of the fats.

There's an abstract at least. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf0000575

Looks like a whole almond in the shell provides some protection but almond meal isn't going to have that protection.

edit: oh but they weren't heating them, just leaving them out. So my guess is that heating any almond makes the fats toxic. My face back when I used to have acne will agree. I can't really find any direct evidence at the moment, it's just a strong suspicion
    Last edited by Stabby; 06-09-2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

meat and lots of fat from avocado, and coconuts.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Add more veggies to your diet and maybe some fruit like berries to help with digestion!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast