Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meat making me sick page 2

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    how's your zinc and D intake?

Zinc (and some b vite deficiencies) can trigger the 'food doesn't sound good, I can't eat' kind of feeling.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Aww hope you're feeling better by now

Have you made a massive change in your daily diet? In which case your gut bacteria might be "off", as in you don't have the right strains to digest your new food yet. In which case probiotics might help. Go for the kombucha, if that's what you want

Take it easy on the fat if it makes you queasy - been there, done that! Try gentle, calming, fairly bland food. Chicken stock / broth is excellent - fattier than you think but without that "feel" of a fatty food (if that makes sense??). Lots of liquid; don't get dehydrated. Nibbling little and often might help.

Do you like ginger? It's good for nausea, you can have ginger tea, or cook with it perhaps...?

I'm suggesting things based on this being a short term, stomach-buggy-type situation rather than something going on for weeks

Oh, I never used to eat coconut, but it made me feel sick if I overdid it; maybe the coconut flour was too much of a new thing at once?

hermanda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    how's your zinc and D intake?

Zinc (and some b vite deficiencies) can trigger the 'food doesn't sound good, I can't eat' kind of feeling.
    I usually take b vit, D, and zinc but the last 3 days have stopped due to the digestion problem, mild nausea, and total bouts of fatigue. Just weird. Thanks for responding.

hermanda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Aww hope you're feeling better by now

Have you made a massive change in your daily diet? In which case your gut bacteria might be "off", as in you don't have the right strains to digest your new food yet. In which case probiotics might help. Go for the kombucha, if that's what you want

Take it easy on the fat if it makes you queasy - been there, done that! Try gentle, calming, fairly bland food. Chicken stock / broth is excellent - fattier than you think but without that "feel" of a fatty food (if that makes sense??). Lots of liquid; don't get dehydrated. Nibbling little and often might help.

Do you like ginger? It's good for nausea, you can have ginger tea, or cook with it perhaps...?

I'm suggesting things based on this being a short term, stomach-buggy-type situation rather than something going on for weeks

Oh, I never used to eat coconut, but it made me feel sick if I overdid it; maybe the coconut flour was too much of a new thing at once?
    Thanks I drank the kombucha for breakfast which was wonderful. I just had an apple (which I love.) I have no appetite, gut is backed up, and am really fatigued. Great call with the soup. Made some last night and it went in fine. Bought ginger this morning too (was on the phone with mom) and got some mint to make tea with. I took some miralax last night too and nothing much happened this morning. Feel like I have a flu but not really. Just strange. I think the fats were too much and that combined with all the meat...just not used to it and need to go slow with this. I was just so hungry! I used to just eat fish now and then so this way of eating is very new for me. Thanks for your advice. Going to nap again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12