Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How important is diversity in diet? page

miniGrokette is offline Member

How important is diversity in diet?

Primal Fuel
    I don't need a lot of variety or spontaneity in my meals to be satisfied. I normally go through phases of dishes that I'll eat all the time. How important is diversifying my meals? Is there anything you eat over and over?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i think some diversity is needed to get your vitamin and mineral bases covered

i'm not too good at it though so i keep a bottle of vitamins handy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I eat the same stuff more or less, but they are all highly nutritious stuff: liver, bone broth, red meat (grassfed), cage free eggs, coconut, fruit, some grassfed (and none grassfed) dairy/butter, some seafood. I take a multivitamin just in case though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    If you don't mind the sheer boredom, not that important: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84401.html
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    When I have a craving for something (healthy) I generally eat it cause it's a way of my body telling me I'm missing something. Lately it's been pumpkin & garlic (not together though lol).

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    I do the same thing. I have basically eaten the same thing for weeks at a time. Every now and then I mix it up with something different, but I feel good, and don't crave anything.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Different colours are indicators of different nutritional values in natural foods. Diversity in diet is probably the most important thing, once you have a basic handle on whats good and bad generally. So the steak and eggs diet is going to be way better that eating junk food, but a range of different foods will enhance your health as well.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i think some diversity is needed to get your vitamin and mineral bases covered

i'm not too good at it though so i keep a bottle of vitamins handy
    I am too lazy to try an figure out if it is even possible to get all of your vitamins and minerals from eating food. My guess is that it is not possible. So if that is the case then how important can it be? That being said I think that some variety is probably a good thing. I too have some vitamins hanging around that I take occasionally.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    I am too lazy to try an figure out if it is even possible to get all of your vitamins and minerals from eating food. My guess is that it is not possible. So if that is the case then how important can it be? That being said I think that some variety is probably a good thing. I too have some vitamins hanging around that I take occasionally.
    Cronometer.com

Enter beef liver, 2-3 eggs, some grassfed dairy, grassfed beef and some organic orange juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    When I have a craving for something (healthy) I generally eat it cause it's a way of my body telling me I'm missing something. Lately it's been pumpkin & garlic (not together though lol).
    Don't knock pumpkin and garlic together
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast