Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: But I digress... Excursivey's journal page

excursivey is offline Senior Member

But I digress... Excursivey's journal

Shop Now
    Not sure why I need a journal since I really don't keep track of work outs or what I eat but maybe if I tried to I would stay a bit more accountable. I'm thinking it just might be helpful in case I wanna rant or ramble about about something and not hijack somebody else's thread as much.

The basics are that I'm female, currently 47, 5'7" at 135-140. I had been sitting at 135 solidly for months but started fluctuating kinda wildly since I started trying to work out again regularly a couple weeks ago. Kinda freaking me out but trying not to sweat it since I figure it's water. (Maybe that means I SHOULD sweat it!) I've never really been overweight and was a skinny mini kid. Was a runner from way back in junior high. I gained about 25 pounds though after I lost my 43 year old husband to a brain tumor by I guess just eating and drinking whatever in a kind of fog. (That will be 3 years ago in November.) I actually lost most of that on Weight Watchers. I didn't go to the meetings or buy the food. I was always trying to eat as much whole food and "clean" as I could all the while but I used the point system. I thought it worked pretty well and I think it's probably about as good as you can do on a SAD type of eating if you eat good real food. BUT it was a constant struggle to not go back to gaining. I stumbled over Primal Blueprint through a friend at work and it all just seemed to make so much sense. I don't really think I have any food issues but since I went primal I don't seem to have to worry (much) about gaining or maintaining weight.

My real goals at this point are good health and not being a frail little old lady when I get there. I've kinda given up on the last vanity pounds and visible abs. I'm just too lazy and I don't want to worry THAT much about what goes into my mouth.

So far today coffee with heavy cream and a teaspoon of sugar.

I guess that's all I've got for now...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Took a 40 minute run, well jog, out yesterday around what I'll call the Sabino Estates long hard loop. Wound up eating about a cup and a half of grapes, cup of cottage cheese, probably 5 or 6 slices of bacon, 1 and a half pork loin chops and maybe a cup of roasted red and yellow bell peppers. Plus wine. Boyfriend came over and cooked the pork loins and peppers for dinner. He's not primal but is not adverse to the idea and does try to find things I can eat.
    Breathe. Move forward.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yay! A place where I can PROPERLY annoy you... Hoorah!

Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

The boyfriend sounds like a keeper!

Julia

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Following you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Yay! A place where I can PROPERLY annoy you... Hoorah!

Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

The boyfriend sounds like a keeper!

Julia
    Just kidding. Hey JOOOLS!! Did the refi get all done for you?

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Yay! Following you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi Turq - been looking at some random journals and now realize you are actually an amazon super model! (Don't try to deny it - I've seen the photos!) By the by, I am in the legal profession as well but your program is 10 times more interesting. I've been practicing since 1997.

So Boyfriend and I went out for the same jog route that I did yesterday cause he has one of those fancy GPS watch things and I wanted to see how far it actually is. I can't measure it with my car since there's part you can't drive on. After he said I made him go on the bataan (sp?) death march. It was actually only 3.75 miles. He's been healing from plantar fasciitis so is just getting back to running as well. This has some killer hills though. Which I am studly at running up. I like a manly man but it's always kinda fun to kick your guys a** a little on some random thing...

When we got home he scrambled us eggs with some leftover pork loin, chicken, . bacon, potatoes, and cheese. SO good. I had my usual coffee with cream this morning and then haven't really been hungry since he cooked. It was probably about 3 eggs for me but there was lots of that other junk in there. I finally had some grapes a bit ago. Try not to eat too many grapes too late cause I noticed when I did I seemed to have to get up and pee a million times at night. I googled that and found out they have a diuretic effect. Who knew?
    Breathe. Move forward.

Wow my one calf is so sore today. Probably from running up those big hills 2 days in a row. Not sore at all after the first go round. Who knows?

I finally made a batch of the egg muffins this weekend for lunches this week. I like bacon and rosemary roasted potatoes in them the best with some cheese. So this morning I had my usual coffee and then one of those for lunch. Trying to figure out what to have for dinner. Probably some salmon and brussels sprouts.

Think I'm gonna do the bodyweight stuff for working out. I have so far to go on those it feels like I'll never get to the numbers of real push ups and pull ups and what not that the PB says you're supposed to do. I should probably move my pull up bar into the doorway of my bedroom instead of the spare room. And then make myself do one or two everytime I go in or out of the room. There was a guy I haven't seen around lately (or maybe not looked in the right threads) who posted a video with his girlfriend saying she started out that way and she was a pull up monster.

Windy and cloudy. I hate windy.
    Breathe. Move forward.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    You started a journal - yay! Sorry it took me a couple days to get here. I was in a tiny funk.

Bacon potato egg muffins sound awesome!

When I want to get the mileage on a walk, I use Google maps - it has a walk function. Sometimes I have to split the trip up because I often walk zigzags or circles, but it works. The GPS thing is probably easier though.

Happy Journal, baby!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    You started a journal - yay! Sorry it took me a couple days to get here. I was in a tiny funk.

Bacon potato egg muffins sound awesome!

When I want to get the mileage on a walk, I use Google maps - it has a walk function. Sometimes I have to split the trip up because I often walk zigzags or circles, but it works. The GPS thing is probably easier though.

Happy Journal, baby!
    Thanks Joanie! I do have a couple different running GPS apps on my phone but it's kind of a pain to carry. I have an arm band thing but it's still annoying. His was smaller and he uses it all the time so it worked out. Plus we got to go together and I got to run up the hills and secretly dominate.

Well read the whole shut down sex thread. Somehow I think Grizz' clinical explanations got it shut down, but it could have been other always bizarre weirdos who were definitely in there...

Well I wound up getting some more pork loin chops for dinner cause those ones Boyfriend made were so good. I need a little more practice though. They were just a tiny bit dry. With Brussels sprouts.

And I DID do the body weight stuff. I have GOT to figure out this squat stuff. I think maybe my core is just so f***ing weak that I can't even get in the right position to activate my glutes. Or just go back to lunges for now...
    Breathe. Move forward.

Oh and I also REALLY think maybe we are a lot of us going through some kind of seasonal thing. Look how many have said they are having a bit of a blue spot. I think it's the less daylight blues...
    Breathe. Move forward.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    :
    Hi Turq - been looking at some random journals and now realize you are actually an amazon super model! (Don't try to deny it - I've seen the photos!) By the by, I am in the legal profession as well but your program is 10 times more interesting. I've been practicing since 1997.
    Hola!
    What type of law do you do? I am trying to get the IP certificate at my school and practice patent litigation, hence the patent classes and etc.

Ps. The bf sounds like a keeper for sure! I haven't dated a man who knows how to cook if a long while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast