Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Misogyny page 2

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How?

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I happened to just read a very interesting article about the fringe of the men's movement:
    The Masculine Mystique: Inside The Men's Rights Movement (MRM) - The Daily Beast
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Any chance that is meant to be sarcastic or is a parody of something? It's so extreme that it's hard to take it seriously.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I suppose it could- in the context that I read it, it was being discussed for its merits by losers
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the article is written by some undercover feminist that want to arouse men’s inborn protective instincts for the fair sex and turn the male reader into a subconscious defense-mode for feminism?

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    are you asking because you found it generally horrid, or because you think that I am missing something in it that redeems the author?
    No, but it was incredibly long and boring for me and I gave up after about 2 paras. Not criticising, just interested.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I read most of it and skimmed for some kind of, "Haha I'm just fucking with allayall," in vain.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I could only get through the first few sentences.

He's free to believe what he wants but he and I will not* be friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I followed some of the links from the story (home sick from work today, not too much to do ) I don't think it was a joke. It sounds right on par with a lot of the other article from the extreme end of the "men's right movement".
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Misogyny

Can I post that Beyoncé video to counter this post?

On second thought, Beyoncé is pretty misogynistic too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast