Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes you smile? :-) page

Goldie is online now Senior Member

What makes you smile? :-)

Primal Fuel
    I had three memorable smile occasions today:

A jeep that was so splattered with mud, I couldn't tell what color it was.

A beautiful red apple left on my desk by a coworker who brought in donuts for everyone else.

A dad who lifted his little boy high up in the air so the boy could get the basketball through the hoop.

What made you smile today?

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I love your smile moments.

I saw an elderly woman struggling to get her groceries into her car. I was just about to get out of my car to help her when a young boy left his group of friends to help her. His friends didn't notice. I did.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    1) I woke up this morning to our first dusting of snow. Took the horse out at dawn in the frigid weather. When she walked over to get saddled she kept staring at me. It was there....

2) Had a patient tell me I was the best doc they had ever had. She was in her 60s, had been very sick, was in the hospital due to diabetic coma 2 years ago and nearly died....she has lost 155lbs. Her name is Rita, and she is one of the toughest humans I've ever met. When she hugged me today, it was there....

3) I saw another man, his wife with Alzheimers, and watched him take her to their car after their appointment. I realized that at his age, and him mentioning they were married at 17, he had been with that woman for twice as long as I had been alive. It was REALLY there....

I think that the world is so full of beauty I can hardly stand it sometimes. That's the reality.
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

R3bekah is offline Senior Member
    Crunching through the fall leaves on this perfect fall day....

My daughter's teacher telling me he really appreciated her sarcastic sense of humor, and meaning it, at her parent teacher conference....

Seeing a boy at the same conference who looked exactly like Bobby Hill!!!!

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    I looked at my wife and she smiled. That's all I'll I ever need.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    A beach without a shark
    A wolf without a bark
    A dolphin without a care
    A cat without a hair
    Dr. Seuss was way better at this.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh my goodness, bloody hell
    Willie is writing poetry well
    Praps he should, yes he must
    Give up his day job, go join the dust..........

Okay that doesn't quite make sense , but at least I tried !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma has returned! Perfidy has been burning with hurt at the dearth of her mirth!

Tonight at the grocery store, I started speaking loudly with a ludicrous fake english lord sorta accent things like, "Your mother brought onions to our christmas feast" and "Your father's hands are coarse from shoveling!" with a dismissive air. People's evident discomfort made me smile sadly.

my wife's little pig miniature is also still safely hidden in plain sight in the candy aisle; it's been about 4 months!

also I have a new kitten, so I have been smiling a lot over the same thing for several days; he keeps attacking my feet, ceaselessly. I picture him as Riley Freeman, and imagine that he is always screaming obscenities. "This foot ain't shit! It ain't shit, nigga!!!"
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I will play Van Morrison and make you breakfast. And we will dance, and then we will make love. And angels will cry.
    Hahahahahahahahaaha don't tempt this old wrinkly saggy baggy Gwamma
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Today was our wedding anniversary. Hearing his loving comments about it brought smiles.
    Seeing him smile brings a smile.
    Finding a job to apply to that I had a chance of getting.
    Playing with the dog.
    Comments in an AFG meeting and sobriety anniversaries of those there. Those there have come so far, even if they've never been the addict.
    MST3K: Night of the Lving Dead
    Vampires Suck
    Sex is a guaranteed smile pretty much until I go to sleep.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast