Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes you smile? :-) page 3

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Last night, an old friend came over with his family for a visit; I have not seen him since my wedding, after which he moved to Arizona, where him and his wife had 2 kids I never met until last night.

So the kids and wife are sitting in the living room, and I'm in the kitchen smoking a cigarette with him by the back door, and his son, 6 years old, comes in smiling and says, "I gave the cat some cat food!" holding aloft a plastic baggy. I forgot that I keep my stems in a bag in the box of cat toys, and he was feeding the kitten stems lol
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Waking up with my husband buried in his pillow/blanket cave next to me. The sleepy sounds of protest he makes when I crawl out of bed.

Waking up and seeing the cat hop off the bed from where she was curled against my butt as soon as the alarm goes off. Time to eat!

After cursing, I smile at tripping over the cat as she begs for food.

The prospect of seeing a long-missed friend this weekend, a friend who travels to see me, and all of my close friends for booze and debauchery. Realizing I am well-loved.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It always makes me smile to hear about other people loving a cat lol
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

How could this not make me smile?

Hulky found her hiding under the blankets (this is rare).

Sick Hulky & sleepy cat.

You leave out the laundry and the cat will come. I showered, leaving the bag in the hall to put away as I went to bed, & opened the door to find this.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I smiled when I found out my husband weaseled his way out of going out of town next week.
    I smiled when I found out spending Halloween with my was one of the main reasons he didn't want to go out of town.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

wtf is Hulky?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    wtf is Hulky?? lol
    Online "alias" and also real-life nickname for my husband. It comes from his (now our) last name & his love of the Incredible Hulk.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Watching my 5-year-old Golden Retriever play oh-so-gently with a much smaller puppy! And letting the puppy "win"!

awww! I wish our cats were warmer to our new kitten. One has started playing with him and it makes me cry to watch.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hello Mr Perfidy Sir..........what is a stem??????? Gwamma is thinking something ones smokes??????

What makes Gwamma smile............sitting in the sun on a beautiful morning drinking coffee

Giving. I absolutely love giving........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast