Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glucose burning, fat storing animals. page

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member

Glucose burning, fat storing animals.

Primal Fuel
    Is there any animal out in the wild that stores fat but runs on glucose?

Is there any beast that's not a fat burner?

Is there any animal out in the wild that stores one type of fuel for future use, but preferentially burns a different type of fuel for living?

Is there any animal out in the wild that stores fat but then suffers detrimental effects if it tries to use that fat?

Is there any animal out in the wild like this or are humans the only fat storing glucose burning beasts on this planet?

It doesn't make logical sense.
    (Of course that may be because I don't watch a lot of wildlife docos because i don't like seeing the prey get eaten, then i feel sorry the hungry predator when the prey escapes )

These aren't rhetorical questions, i am genuinely interested
    I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for everybody, and I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for a person through every stage of their life

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Good questions. I'm partial to Jaminet's view that mammals share a ratio of circulating aminos/lipids/glucose between meals and in their breastmilk, implying a common genome for energy management. The digestive input differs sharply but the output does not--e.g. ruminants get their lipids from excess fiber carbs, and predators get their glucose from excess protein. Human conversions are pretty lackluster so we should eat closer to what we utilize.

But I wish these issues wouldn't collapse into silly absolutes. No mammal eats zero lipid or zero glucose. Even wolves will eat windfall fruit.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    I'm a Jaminet believer on this too and the logic works for me. I'm not scared of carbs but I manage them and worry less about the fat.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Leilani View Post
    Is there any animal out in the wild that stores fat but runs on glucose?

Is there any beast that's not a fat burner?

Is there any animal out in the wild that stores one type of fuel for future use, but preferentially burns a different type of fuel for living?

Is there any animal out in the wild that stores fat but then suffers detrimental effects if it tries to use that fat?

Is there any animal out in the wild like this or are humans the only fat storing glucose burning beasts on this planet?

It doesn't make logical sense.
    (Of course that may be because I don't watch a lot of wildlife docos because i don't like seeing the prey get eaten, then i feel sorry the hungry predator when the prey escapes )

These aren't rhetorical questions, i am genuinely interested
    There isn't any animal, period, that meets some of your questions.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    You could kinda put most rodents, especially mice into this designation. Feed them a largely fat diet and they die. They are grain eaters through and through. They eat most of their waking day but still carry fat.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Apple maggot?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

poing is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    You could kinda put most rodents, especially mice into this designation. Feed them a largely fat diet and they die. They are grain eaters through and through. They eat most of their waking day but still carry fat.
    Isn't it just great that so many diet studies use rodents. No wonder fat is vilified.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Good point poing. I read that rodents eat until their protein requirements are met then stop. If they eat a low protein diet they get fat and if on high protein they stay lean. Maybe a lesson there.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    We have back-up systems upon back-up systems. Just like bermuda grass. It can spread with seeds or runners or even broken, dried up pieces of itself. We can spread with sugar or fat or technology. We are the ultimate weed.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Got it! Wood grubs eat cellulose which they use enzymes to convert into glucose. Yet grubs are an excellent source of fat. They eat sugar and store it as fat. I don't think they can go for long without eating, so they likely are terrible at utilizing their fat for energy, since it's designed for pupal stages anyway.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast