Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (SullynNH) page

SullynNH Guest

Primal Challenge Journal (SullynNH)

Shop Now

Time to get this going I guess!?

I first encountered Mark through Beachbody and some things he did over there, but really stumbled onto this site through Tony Horton and some videos he had on here.

After reading through the articles and what not I had to buy the book, my wife agreed. That was about a month and or so ago now. I've finished the book and my wife is now reading it.

I've always been the thin guy who could eat what I wanted, until about the time my son was born when through my oh-so-great nutrition of snack cakes and chips I managed to get to almost 200lbs...I looked like a snake that at a beach ball...not good for someone in the military...so decided to change that back in 2007, started working out regularly and eating better (still lots of grains, carbs etc)and got down to about 165 range, but still had a belly...now mind you my goal is not to be ultra-thin man...I was eating about 2400 cals a day but couldn't drop the BF nor increase the muscle mass...which like most I was frustrated and enter in PB, which takes to the near term

So we've adopted the Primal lifestyle...tossed out the grains and began enjoying bacon again :-) The belly fat is gone, plus I've upped my avg intake to about 3400 cals a day....I can't, yet, get the body to put on any lean mass though, plenty of strength and this may be where my body stays although I think about 10 lbs of muscle would be better (don't want to be a hulk, but could use some more "meat on the bones")...should mention I'm about 5'11".

Some my goal (not in 30 days of course, but over a longer term) is to add on 10lbs of lean mass and maintain a low bf %. I think 2-4 lbs is possible in the 30 day timeframe ( I know 1-2 lbs loss of bf is normal in a week, don't know what a good avg is for lean mass gain).

I have another goal and that is to improve my blood chemistry...I have had low HDL in the past, tends to run in the family, as does heart disease and diabetes, both sides are not on the thin side, so I get to hear about being too thin for my whole life! My total number are low too though, so I'm hoping through the PB I can increase my HDLs to a normal range while maintaining good LDL numbers (VLDL issues are there too for both sides).

So I want to become more functionally fit over the next month, which will help with my above longer term goals!

SullynNH Guest

Yesterday

B: Almond Flour/Shredded Coconut Pancakes

2 Pork Sausage

S: Almonds, Apple, Whey Protein Shake w/Water

L: Chicken Breast w/Skin, Salad w/EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, Sunflower seeds

S: Kiwi

D: Turkey Chili, no beans, Fage Full Fat Yogurt

Workout: P90X Chest and Back (~45min w/warmup & cooldown)

SullynNH Guest

4 Aug

2 Pork Sausage

S: Almonds

L: Home made turkey chili (no beans of course) w/fage greek yogurt (full fat)

S: Shake, Bing Cherries

D: Turkey Chili, no beans, Fage Full Fat Yogurt and 4 strips nitrate/nitrite free bacon

Workout: Tabata Sprints...my 8 yr old was my timer, think he had fun watching me run around the back yard like a crazy person!

primalmom is offline Member

yum-o on the pancakes ... do you have a recipe or just wing it ?

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

SullynNH Guest

It's on here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...conut-pancakes

good stuff!put some fresh fruit on them too!

cool ! thanks !

PrimalMom

SullynNH Guest

5 Aug 09

2 Pork Sausage

S: Almonds, apple

L: Chicken Breast w/Skin, Salad w/EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, Sunflower seeds

D: Grilled burger (no bun), broccoli w/organic butter added in, yum!

Workout: Shoulders and Arms...good sweat today!

SullynNH Guest

@primalmom No problem, they are very tasty...we make up a batch and freeze them for the week

I am giving it a try today

PrimalMom

SullynNH Guest

@primalmom let me know how they come out...my wife will add in a little splash of organic milk to thin the mixture out a bit...

6 Aug

2 Pork Sausage

S: Almonds

L: Grilled burger (no bun), Salad w/EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, Sunflower seeds

D: Grilled burger (no bun)...Salad w/EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, kiwi

Workout: Rest day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast