Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Losing gut: Impossible page 3

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    The stress of frustration could be making you release extra cortisol.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Stabby, how much fish oil are we talkin' here? And what type of fish do you recommend for this type of balancing act? (I'm partial to herring myself.)

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm thinking something like Robb Wolf's fish oil calculator http://whole9life.com/fish-oil/

I thought he was nutzo at first but looking back at it now I realize he knows that most people are going to have downright terrible ratios to start with.

Any fish is good as long as it offers tons of omega 3 and little omega 6. herring could work, I like salmon. Fish oil is best taken with natural mixed tocopherol to counteract the reactive oxygen species that get produced. Also it's best taken with and a lot of long-chain saturated fat (shouldn't be a problem!) to elongate it properly. It's important to only do this until the ratio is good. Drastically reduce omega 6 and increase omega 3 and then once the ratio is good go back to a normal ratio and ideally not too much of either 3 or 6 but that's a personal call I suppose. Supplementing with a little GLA throughout it may be a good idea too because without linoleic acid we can't produce GLA. Even if you can't find a practitioner to do tests I think just 1 week of this will benefit anyone without the risk of omega 3 dominance.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123