Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Health related question: Adrenal Fatigue/Hormone issues page 2

cwells51 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I went to my naturopath/chiro today and we are trying a couple things; one of them being a magnesium supplement. I'll report back after a couple days with any results

Quote Originally Posted by SalubriousU View Post
    Hey cwells,

I had very similar symptoms 7-8 months ago: cold hands and feet, low pulse, lower body temperature, waking up around 3 a.m. every night, peeing multiple times during the night, and low sex drive to name some off the top of my head. They definitely sound like adrenaline and cortisol responses (for example, normally adrenaline peaks between 2-4 a.m. and that's likely what's waking you up...it was for me.)

I highly recommend checking out Diet Recovery II by Matt Stone, as it addresses all of these problems plus more and helped me tremendously. I have no affiliation with Matt or his products, but from one guy to another I'm super glad I found it.

What's your salt intake like? How about sugar? Do you IF in the morning or anything?
    I'll have to check that out. Salt intake is pretty regular. I don't overdo salt, but I don't avoid it either. Sugar is non existent. I've done IF before in the past, but with some of the endurance training I don't want to add the stress of IF and cardio to my body.
    I talked to my Naturopathic doc yesterday and he said that low magnesium could be the culprit. He put me on a mag supplement and we'll see what happens with that. I took it yesterday but I also went out for my bday and hit the hard cider with a vengeance. Tonight and the next two nights will be the big test to see if the supplements are doing anything. But who knows, if I was chronically low in Mg then I'd probably have to take it for a week before I start to see any of the benefits.

**Edit**
    I just downloaded that Matt Stone book. Why not
    Last edited by cwells51; 10-26-2013 at 09:03 AM.

SalubriousU is offline Senior Member
    Awesome. If you did it via Amazon for a Kindle you have a week to return it if you think it's no good anyway But it was exactly what I needed to read when I had those symptoms too and so many light bulbs went on haha. Matt's not the most tasteful writer though ;P

That's interesting about the magnesium supplementation. Would be super interested so hear how that goes for you. I seem to recall I was using an Ancient Minerals transdermal magnesium supplement (taken through the skin) at the time. Hmm.

Increasing my salt pretty liberally in combination with other things helped a lot in warming me up, and still does. Cutting back on extra water intake helped, too.

Good luck with this and keep us posted!
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

You know, my vegetable intake is through the roof on top of drinking a ton of water. I wonder if I'm simply just drinking way too much water throughout the day? Perhaps exploring this via the K.I.S.S. method would yield good results?

I used to do the same thing and drink tons of water. Do yourself a favor and consider cutting out the water for a day. Completely. Unless you're doing intense exercise or sweating a lot, you'll be fine, especially if you're eating vegetables and similar foods that have a relatively high water content anyway. I don't drink plain water almost at all anymore and I feel amazing.

I used to drink a ton of water and ended up just diluting the electrolyte balance in my cells, which made me cold, pee all the time, and mess up my hormones.
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

I also started checking the body temperature per Matt Stone's advice. 97.6 for last night before bed and this morning before breakfast was also 97.6. I'll be checking it a couple more times throughout today and see what it does. If it never reaches normal I'll be calling the doc to get a blood test.
    I'll also be cranking up the carbs to see if that can get my engine burning a bit hotter. As frustrating as these things can be, self experimentation is pretty fun
    Last edited by cwells51; 10-28-2013 at 05:35 AM.

I like your attitude. Yeah, play around with some things and see what feels good. For me, it's still hard to get a good waking temp consistently around 98, but it definitely goes up in the afternoon/evening. Good luck and keep updating!
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Went to the doc and we are doing blood work on Thursday.
    Total blood work to include cortisol, thyroid, testosterone, iron, and a few more fun things. Can't wait to see the results

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    Your aging hahah lol just teasing. Idk you sound healthy. Nothing screams out at me as being a sign of a health concern.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12