Thread: Dark Chocolate headaches?? page

source99 is offline Junior Member

Dark Chocolate headaches??

Hey All,
    I've eating a lot of dark chocolate recently. Usually ~85% and 1/4 a bar in the morning and 2/3 a bar in the evening. I have noticed a strange spat of headaches and I am not sure if it correlates to days where I don't eat my breakfast chocolate. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Years ago I got similar headaches from diet coke or tea if I missed my daily dose.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the caffeine in the chocolate.

Thanks

Matt

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Ive eaten more than that before an not had problems. The caffeine in chocolate isn't a big deal, especially compared to any coffee you may have drunk in the past. Theo-bromine is the stimulant in cocoa, but beyond stimulating and being highly nutritious for various minerals and abundant antioxidants ive never managed to overdose on chocolate (I have tried ) oh and obv the darker the better.

Just do a really strict test, 2 days on 2 days off, to be sure or not!
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Steve-O is offline Senior Member
    Probably caffeine withdrawal.

anzy is offline Member
    First off, I'm not a doctor.
    Having said that, you may want to look into WHY you're eating more chocolate lately. It could be possible that you are craving chocolate, because of a deficiency elsewhere in your diet that happens to be causing your headaches (and you're body is trying to fix it by telling you that you need chocolate). It is also possible that I am completely off base and the chocolate is, in fact, the problem. Try laying off the chocolate and seeing if it helps. If it doesn't, talk to your doctor and see what he says.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    You know, I use this particular site a lot. Some of the advice on it, I ignore(obviously, I'm not going low-fat)
    http://www.marysherbs.com/Miscellaneous/cravings.shtml I especially like the chart she has about face-reading and finger nail analysis. Hope it helps somewhat.
    Calm the f**k down.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    ps. take it all with a grain of salt
    Calm the f**k down.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chocolate is a migraine trigger AFAIK and it's high in caffeine and a bunch of other odd things so yeah... not surprising. Simple, stop eating so much. Have a teaspoon of coconut oil or almond butter instead.