Thread: Protein rich meal = NAAASTY breath? page

biko is offline Senior Member

Protein rich meal = NAAASTY breath?

Primal Fuel
    Is this common?

My GF has nasty, sulfurous? (don't know how to describe it exactly) breath lately.

At first we thought it was from eating a lot of (certain type of?) fish, but now it seems to occur after having eggs and/or (certain type of?) meat as well.

She's not LC, I'd say MC, and doesn't eat refined sugar or grains other than rice.

Certainly not oral hygiene related.

Thanks.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    sounds like keto breath, her body may be burning ketones and this certainly does it for me. My breath could melt plastic sheet and 10 paces. It may also be something else but first check how much carbs she is eating and look up info on some herbs to eat that will tame the dragon breath.

also may be bacteria in her guts... dont know myself.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    It could be rotting meat in your teeth. Floss about a half hour after you eat a big protein meal... why a half hour? Just this one time to see, as soon as you dislodge a piece you'll taste what you smell.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz