Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 73

TheNewMe is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    ...that awkward moment where you aren't sure if he is joking about McDonald's or not... Lol
    "Do other things to take care of your emotional and physical needs, and youíll take pressure off your diet to fix things itís not meant to fix." -- Mark

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone have any recommendations for my rotation schedule? The PHD became challenging on the 5th day (yesterday). At first I was thinking I could do 6 days on PHD and then 6 days on Primal lower fat/carb. Should I do the same number of days for each? Do you think I should try for max 5 days, or 4, on the PHD?
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

MsSmith, I am not an expert at the PH, as this was my first week... Just wanted to say I did not go into this with a certain number of days in mind. I knew that I could stop at any time, and no harm done. This was more like a science experiment for me. I did not give myself a "set" number of potatoes, either. Some days we are more hungry than others... There are so many factors. What about just taking it a day at a time and listening to your body? I can tell from your posts that you like to have "a plan"... But in a way, I think it sets us up to feel like we failed in some way if things don't go according to plan. I know you are beating yourself up about the ketchup... But honestly, think of all the MANY things you could have eaten that would be so much worse! So that is the long way of me saying: I think you should do however many days at a time you feel good & strong about. When you recognize that you are really struggling, let yourself have that pork chop, chicken breast, whatever it may be... I think that is a better answer than feeling deprived and setting yourself up for bingeing later.
    "Do other things to take care of your emotional and physical needs, and youíll take pressure off your diet to fix things itís not meant to fix." -- Mark

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewMe View Post
    ...that awkward moment where you aren't sure if he is joking about McDonald's or not... Lol
    Oh no. No joking.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Oh no. No joking.
    So McDonald's *IS* your laxative, or McDonald's *AND* laxatives? Either way, sounds awful. Hope you're all cleared out soon! Your actual weight loss this week is probably going to be 10 pounds. haha

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Oh no. No joking.
    Teehehehehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, TheNewMe. I understand what you are saying. I am trying to get to my ideal weight before menopause because that often times results in a complete weight loss stall for many women. I decided on 2 pounds of potatoes because they are close to the number of calories I was consuming on the lower fat/carb primal diet. I didn't want to have a big caloric increase. I do have to plan because of my daughter's condition. Sometimes I can't get out of the house for days to run errands. I really do appreciate your encouragement. I really do.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewMe View Post
    So McDonald's *IS* your laxative, or McDonald's *AND* laxatives? Either way, sounds awful. Hope you're all cleared out soon! Your actual weight loss this week is probably going to be 10 pounds. haha
    Both. And some hard cider. Not recommended for most people.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    After not pooping for almost three days, even though I've not been terribly strict (my potatoes are mixed with steak and eggs and now pot roast and broccoli from MIL dinner), I think I will have to start eating very small amounts (butt-sized) of potatoes and call this a fast. I've only passed a few extremely firm, dry stones and my large intestine hurts a lot. So I've taken way too much magnesium, some baking soda, and now I'm eating chocolate to cause diarrhea to load the cannon. Wish me luck.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    After not pooping for almost three days, even though I've not been terribly strict (my potatoes are mixed with steak and eggs and now pot roast and broccoli from MIL dinner), I think I will have to start eating very small amounts (butt-sized) of potatoes and call this a fast. I've only passed a few extremely firm, dry stones and my large intestine hurts a lot. So I've taken way too much magnesium, some baking soda, and now I'm eating chocolate to cause diarrhea to load the cannon. Wish me luck.
    Have you been drinking more water to account for the increased fiber intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast