Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 56

FireFinder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So, I blew it last night. Cooked dinner for the family and planned to have just a potato, but nope, totally overate on "little" bites of everything. Ughg. Went to bed full and bloated.
    That was the end of day 2 of PH.
    Woke this morning feeling bloated and icky. Yet still I'm down a lb from yesterday morning. How can this be???? I can tell I'm holding water from my mini-binge last night.
    So, starting weight on Monday 137
    Tuesday 136.5
    Wednesday 135.5
    I'd like to be around 125, so another 10lbs to go.
    I'm starting fresh today. I wonder, would it be effective to do one day on, one day off? Or maybe I'll try the potato meal/ protein meal thing. That seems to work too, right Otzi and Turquoise?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by FireFinder View Post
    So, I blew it last night. Cooked dinner for the family and planned to have just a potato, but nope, totally overate on "little" bites of everything. Ughg. Went to bed full and bloated.
    That was the end of day 2 of PH.
    Woke this morning feeling bloated and icky. Yet still I'm down a lb from yesterday morning. How can this be???? I can tell I'm holding water from my mini-binge last night.
    So, starting weight on Monday 137
    Tuesday 136.5
    Wednesday 135.5
    I'd like to be around 125, so another 10lbs to go.
    I'm starting fresh today. I wonder, would it be effective to do one day on, one day off? Or maybe I'll try the potato meal/ protein meal thing. That seems to work too, right Otzi and Turquoise?
    Protein/potato works, but it works slower. Makes sense. I like it because I am trying to build muscle right now.

It seems pretty common for people to lose another 1-5lbs (depending on how long the all potato days lasted) after going back to normal meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 11-13-2013 at 06:14 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

calee is offline Senior Member
    Good morning,
    I failed at the PH last year because the nightshades flared my arthritis and I gained weight.

Hard not to jump on the band wagon and try again. I wasn't really prepared yesterday but ate 90% potatoes along with 8 oz grapes after workout an 1 stalk celery. I'm using white and sweet potatoes to lessen the nightshade effect. Might need to go full on sweet potates. Yesterday, Ate 1100 calories, 30 minute walk, 60 minute Pilates Reformer class.

Cooked taters last night so ready to go full on taters today.

Day 1: 149
    Day 2: 149.8. I'm not freaking unless it continues to go up

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    Oh Lord. How this worries me!
    Maybe this is when FrencyFry's advice should come into play. It's not like I gained 4lbs of fat in 2 days (impossible) You can't worry about the daily ups and downs, just the overall trend of a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry
    I would suggest you forgot the scale for say one week (if that is the duration of your PH). Weigh before and after the PH. The every day measurement can be confusing.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Good morning,
    I failed at the PH last year because the nightshades flared my arthritis and I gained weight.

Hard not to jump on the band wagon and try again. I wasn't really prepared yesterday but ate 90% potatoes along with 8 oz grapes after workout an 1 stalk celery. I'm using white and sweet potatoes to lessen the nightshade effect. Might need to go full on sweet potates. Yesterday, Ate 1100 calories, 30 minute walk, 60 minute Pilates Reformer class.

Cooked taters last night so ready to go full on taters today.

Day 1: 149
    Day 2: 149.8. I'm not freaking unless it continues to go up
    Hi Calee, as I mentioned in our journal, its cuz you are doing the PH after being strickt LC, most people who lose immediately are the ones who already carbed up.... also no fried in oil fries please just boiled/baked/steamed.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Maybe this is when FrencyFry's advice should come into play. It's not like I gained 4lbs of fat in 2 days (impossible) You can't worry about the daily ups and downs, just the overall trend of a week or two.
    Thank you!

As for the whipping cream and IF, I found this:

Question: Can I drink coffee or tea during a fast? How about adding cream or coconut oil to it – will that take me out of the fasted state?

Answer: Adding a pure fat source won’t “take you out” of the fasted state, and it may take the edge off the hunger, but it will reduce the body fat you burn by a bit.

Intermittent Fasting FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions | Mark's Daily Apple

I put 1 tablespoon whipping cream into my coffee.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Curiosity won:

11/12 - 171.2
    11/13 - 170.2
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Is it OK to have pop chips in emergencies ? Popchips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OK I read the ingredients and its not suitable unfortunately

TheNewMe is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    OK I read the ingredients and its not suitable unfortunately
    I haven't looked up the ingredients, but I wondered about Baked Lay's if I was out and in a panic. lol
    "Do other things to take care of your emotional and physical needs, and youíll take pressure off your diet to fix things itís not meant to fix." -- Mark

Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast